Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't wiped before, so i'm apprehensive. Contacts are synced with gmail so thats not a problem. Its just the other stuff like sms's, settings, bookmarks, memos and apps.
I probably wouldn't lose anything, its just gonna take a while getting the phone back to how it was.
My TB is the free version, would that hamper things?

Actually, its just a few contacts that aren't being displayed, i supposed i could just fix them individually.
 
I haven't wiped before, so i'm apprehensive. Contacts are synced with gmail so thats not a problem. Its just the other stuff like sms's, settings, bookmarks, memos and apps.
I probably wouldn't lose anything, its just gonna take a while getting the phone back to how it was.
My TB is the free version, would that hamper things?

Actually, its just a few contacts that aren't being displayed, i supposed i could just fix them individually.

I am on the pro version (for me worth every cent cause I am a self confessed flash junkie), so I don't know how different the versions are.

Easiest for you is to fix the numbers mate!

I got into a habit to store all numbers starting with +xx .....
 
I synced with google, and fixed them all through gmail contacts then synced again :P
 
So guys Im looking for a widget that allows me to put a "force stop" button on my home screen. Say for example app X keeps on running even though I exit it, so I usually go to app management and force close it. Is there a widget that can automate this for me? I dont want an app like tasker, just a plain widget.
 
So guys Im looking for a widget that allows me to put a "force stop" button on my home screen. Say for example app X keeps on running even though I exit it, so I usually go to app management and force close it. Is there a widget that can automate this for me? I dont want an app like tasker, just a plain widget.

Use application monitor. It's a stock feature under widgets
 
Just flashed Fluxi XX.01- really awesome kernel...faster, more responsive...actually getting 10% better wifi range( using network signal info app ) will let you know about battery. Was starting to get a few wake locks with Siyah so thought I would try something else...and Fluxi might be it :) ... will update
 
Just flashed Fluxi XX.01- really awesome kernel...faster, more responsive...actually getting 10% better wifi range( using network signal info app ) will let you know about battery. Was starting to get a few wake locks with Siyah so thought I would try something else...and Fluxi might be it :) ... will update

Which rom are you running?
 
Just flashed Fluxi XX.01- really awesome kernel...faster, more responsive...actually getting 10% better wifi range( using network signal info app ) will let you know about battery. Was starting to get a few wake locks with Siyah so thought I would try something else...and Fluxi might be it :) ... will update

just tried flashing it with miui. blank screen after galaxy sii screen. probably need to do a full wipe but not in the mood to put my apps in folders again. or probably not compatible with miui.
 
I haven't wiped before, so i'm apprehensive. Contacts are synced with gmail so thats not a problem. Its just the other stuff like sms's, settings, bookmarks, memos and apps.
I probably wouldn't lose anything, its just gonna take a while getting the phone back to how it was.
My TB is the free version, would that hamper things?

Actually, its just a few contacts that aren't being displayed, i supposed i could just fix them individually.

Get Call Log Backup and Restore and SMS Backup and Restore. Should sort all your messages and calls.

Bookmarks and stuff are synced with your Google account. The free TB does backup all app data so I have never had a problem with it.
 
just tried flashing it with miui. blank screen after galaxy sii screen. probably need to do a full wipe but not in the mood to put my apps in folders again. or probably not compatible with miui.

Sometimes even a full wipe doesn't help. I had the same problem with the N.E.A.K kernel. Eventually reverted back to Siyah, seems to be the best from my findings.
 
I wanted to check out Fluxi previously, but I read somewhere that it is not for stock sammy firmware. The features look impressive!

So far battery life has been awesome. Sitting at 98% since I unplugged at 8 this morning. On Siyah I would be at 93%...very stable as well...
 
I got mine, and loving it, I can't imagine what I was thinking when I took a blackberry last year instead of this phone, I must have been drunk or something,



My only issue is the battery life, but other than that :D
 
My only issue is the battery life, but other than that :D

A nice custom Rom and a decent Kernel will sort out that problem. I can get with medium usage and WiFi on all the time (3g when out of range) close to 35Hrs.

Obviously if I kept things off that might be a whole different story...*thinks to himself*
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X