Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest Siyah is really bad in terms of wifi for me... Can't connect to many APs and has less signal.... pity it is better in all other aspects :\

And i can't give it up due to dual boot :/

And I am not moving over to S3 because it is huge :P
 
Hey guys

So the thing that was using up my battery life second most after the screen was walk and drive.. I then froze/uninstalled this, but now after 25h, the screen has used 38%, and Com.Samsunglbs.Android has used 25%.

Wtf is this? How can I get rid of it?
 
Nice find! Downloading now.

Thanks. Have been using it for quite a while now, battery life is quite excellent with the Siyah kernel. But AROMA allows you to choose either SpeedMod, N.E.A.K or Siyah.

On a side note- please let me know if you get boot loops when doing a custom installation?
 
Hey guys

So the thing that was using up my battery life second most after the screen was walk and drive.. I then froze/uninstalled this, but now after 25h, the screen has used 38%, and Com.Samsunglbs.Android has used 25%.

Wtf is this? How can I get rid of it?

This is why I don't like Samsung based ROM's. All that crap.

It is a process related to the Walk and Drive software. I think you should clear the data on this thing and disable it.
 

It's not a story - it was posted by a very reputable member of XDA.
There are always risks in flashing anything on your phone. He made an app to let you know if you are at risk. So install the app, see what it says. If you are not in danger - flash away. If you are in danger - get freaked out and flash away. The truth is it is still difficult to brick the SGS2. That is why it is good to let others flash certain or new apps/roms/kernels first before you do. Then you can read others' experiences.
 
It's not a story - it was posted by a very reputable member of XDA.
There are always risks in flashing anything on your phone. He made an app to let you know if you are at risk. So install the app, see what it says. If you are not in danger - flash away. If you are in danger - get freaked out and flash away. The truth is it is still difficult to brick the SGS2. That is why it is good to let others flash certain or new apps/roms/kernels first before you do. Then you can read others' experiences.

I am one of the ppl the will freak and flash .. tx
 
Thanks. Have been using it for quite a while now, battery life is quite excellent with the Siyah kernel. But AROMA allows you to choose either SpeedMod, N.E.A.K or Siyah.

On a side note- please let me know if you get boot loops when doing a custom installation?

Flashed with noo problems - but it took me a while to realise I ad to install SuperUser before my root came back. Freaked me out for a bit, but I seem to be sorted out now.

Looks really nice, too. I am going to give the new TW a good shake.
 
It's not a story - it was posted by a very reputable member of XDA.
There are always risks in flashing anything on your phone. He made an app to let you know if you are at risk. So install the app, see what it says. If you are not in danger - flash away. If you are in danger - get freaked out and flash away. The truth is it is still difficult to brick the SGS2. That is why it is good to let others flash certain or new apps/roms/kernels first before you do. Then you can read others' experiences.

Wow, respect to Chainfire for developing this.

I guess I just found out the long way that my SGS2 is more or less ok- but doesn't like any other kernel except Siyah for some reason.

Can anyone recommend a specific Fluxi kernel? I tried flashing fluxi-miui-kernel-sgs2-XX.07-FINAL, phone refused to boot after that.
 
Flashed with noo problems - but it took me a while to realise I ad to install SuperUser before my root came back. Freaked me out for a bit, but I seem to be sorted out now.

Looks really nice, too. I am going to give the new TW a good shake.

Good to hear. I might load it as my second ROM again soon. I have found FoxHound to be pretty reliable, and excellent for battery life.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X