ChocolateBadger
Expert Member
TL;DR thread. Is there a way to have stock ICS launcher on an unrooted GS2 with ICS? Any good launcher apps? This TW is balls.
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
TL;DR thread. Is there a way to have stock ICS launcher on an unrooted GS2 with ICS? Any good launcher apps? This TW is balls.
TL;DR thread. Is there a way to have stock ICS launcher on an unrooted GS2 with ICS? Any good launcher apps? This TW is balls.
Does anyone have a solution I could follow?
So MIUI v4 really is frustrating me battery wise. I have looked everywhere for a solution, nothing comes up.
To summarize- battery life is really poor. On top of it- the phone becomes worryingly hot when charging, and actually LOSES charge when plugged in via USB.
I have tried different kernels, formatted my memory, flashed different modems, tried all the tricks that are given to increase battery life- nothing works.
As much as I love the functionality of this ROM, I can't live with the battery life.
Does anyone have a solution I could follow?
So MIUI v4 really is frustrating me battery wise. I have looked everywhere for a solution, nothing comes up.
To summarize- battery life is really poor. On top of it- the phone becomes worryingly hot when charging, and actually LOSES charge when plugged in via USB.
I have tried different kernels, formatted my memory, flashed different modems, tried all the tricks that are given to increase battery life- nothing works.
As much as I love the functionality of this ROM, I can't live with the battery life.
Does anyone have a solution I could follow?
Stock ROM with the new TW launcher....?
Hi guys,
Current specs:
Baseband: XXLPS
Kernel: Siyah 3.3.2
ROM: MIUI AdyScorpius 2.3.31
Left the phone overnight to charge, unplugged and rebooted and the battery percentage went from full to 76%. I haven't had this problem with other ROM's so I know it isn't a hardware issue...
I can't go back to stock...
It happened to me a couple of times too ... it sorted itself out.
You can try "Reset Feul-Guage Chip" in ExTweaks and see if that will help, but I actually found it kinda pointless.
Hi guys,
Current specs:
Baseband: XXLPS
Kernel: Siyah 3.3.2
ROM: MIUI AdyScorpius 2.3.31
Left the phone overnight to charge, unplugged and rebooted and the battery percentage went from full to 76%. I haven't had this problem with other ROM's so I know it isn't a hardware issue...
I can't go back to stock...
I also have Adyscorpius MIUI but I'm on GB. I don't have those issues. Going to wait for until they release the XXLPF baseband for MIUI and then I'll upgrade.
You have given me an interesting idea. The newer Siyah kernels can boot ICS and GB. I think I should try his GB version of MIUI.
Be careful! I don't think the ICS kernel can be used for GB. Make sure before you mix the firmwares
What's flashing without a little risk?
But- confirmed doesn't work both ways... Oh well. Anyone tried Boot2Gecko?
EDIT: By the way, have you sorted out your call receiving problem?
Hi guys,
Current specs:
Baseband: XXLPS
Kernel: Siyah 3.3.2
ROM: MIUI AdyScorpius 2.3.31
Left the phone overnight to charge, unplugged and rebooted and the battery percentage went from full to 76%. I haven't had this problem with other ROM's so I know it isn't a hardware issue...
Have you tried deleting the battery stats in recovery?
Go big or go home!
Nope. Vodacom is investigating the towers close ti my home. They will come back to me in 72hrs.