Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
TL;DR thread. Is there a way to have stock ICS launcher on an unrooted GS2 with ICS? Any good launcher apps? This TW is balls.

There are several ICS-type launchers in the Play Store. Try searching for ICS Launcher for starters. Dom1n8tr1x suggested 2 good ones, and you should give GO Launcher EX a try too.

BTW, the new TwLauncher is miles ahead of the old one. :)
 
So MIUI v4 really is frustrating me battery wise. I have looked everywhere for a solution, nothing comes up.

To summarize- battery life is really poor. On top of it- the phone becomes worryingly hot when charging, and actually LOSES charge when plugged in via USB.

I have tried different kernels, formatted my memory, flashed different modems, tried all the tricks that are given to increase battery life- nothing works.

As much as I love the functionality of this ROM, I can't live with the battery life.

Does anyone have a solution I could follow?
 
So MIUI v4 really is frustrating me battery wise. I have looked everywhere for a solution, nothing comes up.

To summarize- battery life is really poor. On top of it- the phone becomes worryingly hot when charging, and actually LOSES charge when plugged in via USB.

I have tried different kernels, formatted my memory, flashed different modems, tried all the tricks that are given to increase battery life- nothing works.

As much as I love the functionality of this ROM, I can't live with the battery life.

Does anyone have a solution I could follow?

Which MIUI version are you on? I mean 2.6.what?
 
So MIUI v4 really is frustrating me battery wise. I have looked everywhere for a solution, nothing comes up.

To summarize- battery life is really poor. On top of it- the phone becomes worryingly hot when charging, and actually LOSES charge when plugged in via USB.

I have tried different kernels, formatted my memory, flashed different modems, tried all the tricks that are given to increase battery life- nothing works.

As much as I love the functionality of this ROM, I can't live with the battery life.

Does anyone have a solution I could follow?


I'm on:
MIUI 2.6.1
Siyah 3.3.1
Nova Launcher

My battery reach two day's with moderate use
 
Last edited:
Hi guys,

Current specs:

Baseband: XXLPS
Kernel: Siyah 3.3.2
ROM: MIUI AdyScorpius 2.3.31

Left the phone overnight to charge, unplugged and rebooted and the battery percentage went from full to 76%. I haven't had this problem with other ROM's so I know it isn't a hardware issue...

Stock ROM with the new TW launcher....?

:p I can't go back to stock...
 
Hi guys,

Current specs:

Baseband: XXLPS
Kernel: Siyah 3.3.2
ROM: MIUI AdyScorpius 2.3.31

Left the phone overnight to charge, unplugged and rebooted and the battery percentage went from full to 76%. I haven't had this problem with other ROM's so I know it isn't a hardware issue...



:p I can't go back to stock...

It happened to me a couple of times too ... it sorted itself out.

You can try "Reset Feul-Guage Chip" in ExTweaks and see if that will help, but I actually found it kinda pointless.
 
It happened to me a couple of times too ... it sorted itself out.

You can try "Reset Feul-Guage Chip" in ExTweaks and see if that will help, but I actually found it kinda pointless.

I hope that it does. I really love MIUI :)

I have tried that before- maybe another shot of that might work.. I even tried the "manual" battery calibration trick as well.
 
Hi guys,

Current specs:

Baseband: XXLPS
Kernel: Siyah 3.3.2
ROM: MIUI AdyScorpius 2.3.31

Left the phone overnight to charge, unplugged and rebooted and the battery percentage went from full to 76%. I haven't had this problem with other ROM's so I know it isn't a hardware issue...



:p I can't go back to stock...

I also have Adyscorpius MIUI but I'm on GB. I don't have those issues. Going to wait for until they release the XXLPF baseband for MIUI and then I'll upgrade.
 
I also have Adyscorpius MIUI but I'm on GB. I don't have those issues. Going to wait for until they release the XXLPF baseband for MIUI and then I'll upgrade.

You have given me an interesting idea. The newer Siyah kernels can boot ICS and GB. I think I should try his GB version of MIUI.
 
Be careful! I don't think the ICS kernel can be used for GB. Make sure before you mix the firmwares

What's flashing without a little risk? :P

But- confirmed doesn't work both ways... Oh well. Anyone tried Boot2Gecko?

EDIT: By the way, have you sorted out your call receiving problem?
 
Last edited:
What's flashing without a little risk? :P

But- confirmed doesn't work both ways... Oh well. Anyone tried Boot2Gecko?

EDIT: By the way, have you sorted out your call receiving problem?

Go big or go home!

Nope. Vodacom is investigating the towers close ti my home. They will come back to me in 72hrs.
 
Hi guys,

Current specs:

Baseband: XXLPS
Kernel: Siyah 3.3.2
ROM: MIUI AdyScorpius 2.3.31

Left the phone overnight to charge, unplugged and rebooted and the battery percentage went from full to 76%. I haven't had this problem with other ROM's so I know it isn't a hardware issue...

Have you tried deleting the battery stats in recovery?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X