Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so MIUI is brilliant and all, but that ROM-swopping itch is back. I'm looking for something ICS-flavoured, possibly with the new S3 mods. Any takers?

I haven't tried Resurrection (or any AOKP ROM) yet - thinking that may be a good one to try out.
 
Sweet, playing around with mine now, very nice. Just have to wait to get home so I can upgrade to ICS. The office doesn't like it when I use the wifi (which is not throttled) for big downloads.

EDIT: Oh yes, and thanks Cell C - it was really effortless getting my upgrade sorted.
 
Last edited:
Do we really need to wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache if we're using Siyah kernel with stock firmware?
 
Do we really need to wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache if we're using Siyah kernel with stock firmware?

It is good practice, but I seldom do it. If your phone gives you problems after flashing, it could be that there is "rubbish" still in the cache.
 
I suppose there isn't any harm in doing it anyway, the OS will just rebuild a fresh one.
 
Okay, so MIUI is brilliant and all, but that ROM-swopping itch is back. I'm looking for something ICS-flavoured, possibly with the new S3 mods. Any takers?

I haven't tried Resurrection (or any AOKP ROM) yet - thinking that may be a good one to try out.

Try the latest Foxhound ROM. Not a fan of the AROMA installer but hey, it's quite an interesting concept.

This ROM has the Photo Wall and launcher from the S3.
 
Have you downloaded extweaks? Once you have the app you can customize various system values. Rather do some research on XDA before adjusting ANY values.
 
Another tool you can customize your kernel with is NStools. But like MDE said, read up a bit on these apps and make small changes at a time and let your phone run for a bit to see if it still runs smoothly. Not all SGS2's are created equal. So experiment with settings a little bit at a time.

I also use SetCPU to configure AndreiLux''s settings. But for nothing else since SetCPU does not play well with my phone on ICS.
 
Can someone with stock ICS SA firmware please post me what the options are if you do the following:
In "settings", go to "More...", "Mobile networks", "Network mode"
There should be a couple of options. Please post them for me here. Thanks

When I do that I get:
1 GSM/WCDMA (Auto mode)
2 GSM only
3 WCDMA only
 
Can someone with stock ICS SA firmware please post me what the options are if you do the following:
In "settings", go to "More...", "Mobile networks", "Network mode"
There should be a couple of options. Please post them for me here. Thanks

When I do that I get:
1 GSM/WCDMA (Auto mode)
2 GSM only
3 WCDMA only

Those look correct? What specifically are you looking for?
 
Trying to solve my issue here
I think it will be fixed if I flash LPS modem.

I am using the KI4 modem and haven't had issues. Had LPS for a short period, seems to be good as well.

I don't think that it is a modem issue (from my rather limited experience I might add).

Is your number not soft locked by any chance? I had something similar with Cell C, and it was because they soft locked the phone without realising it.

EDIT: if you dial *#06#, does your IMEI come up and correspond with the actual one the packing has?
 
Last edited:
I am using the KI4 modem and haven't had issues. Had LPS for a short period, seems to be good as well.

I don't think that it is a modem issue (from my rather limited experience I might add).

Is your number not soft locked by any chance? I had something similar with Cell C, and it was because they soft locked the phone without realising it.

EDIT: if you dial *#06#, does your IMEI come up and correspond with the actual one the packing has?

I always flashed LPS, KI4 or KL1 modems (excellent for SA), but saw with LPD firmware that they use the LPW modem. I flashed the LPS modem back and will see if it solves the issues since the stock LP7 firmware for SA uses LPS.

I can get the IMEI, but don't have the box to compare ... another task for tonight!

EDIT: No soft locks in place
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X