Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome. This is addictive so kiss your normal phone usage goodbye by adding a lot mor testing and experimenting! AND HAVE FUN! :D

SK works on CM9. Just uninstall it completely and reinstall. I use Titanium Backup when I uninstall. You can then get rid of data that might prevent proper operation of apps. All roms are not created equal. So with some apps you will find that a complte reinstall is required.

OK, I see. I used My Backup to transfer my apps. I'll try reinstall when I find things that don't work. Thanks!
 
I'm using cm-9-20120628-NIGHTLY-galaxys2.
SK is 3.0.0.281.

Haven't tried to reinstall yet. I'll give that a shot. What is the RC1 version of CM9?

RC is short for Release Candidate. They reckon it is a stable version to be fine tuned for a final stable release. But I fail to see how this is the case seeing that they still have nightlies.

OK, I see. I used My Backup to transfer my apps. I'll try reinstall when I find things that don't work. Thanks!

I invested in Titanium Backup and never looked back!
 
I just purchased My Backup Pro the other day :erm: so don't really wanna spend another R50 on a backup app now...
 
I just purchased My Backup Pro the other day :erm: so don't really wanna spend another R50 on a backup app now...

Titanium Backup is so much more than a backup app. It allows you to freeze and uninstall system apps as well as backup everything. It is a really useful app.
 
guys quick question:

Can i use an ICS modem with gingerbread rom?
if so, which one comes on the stock SA sgs2 firmware?

thanks
 
guys quick question:

Can i use an ICS modem with gingerbread rom?
if so, which one comes on the stock SA sgs2 firmware?

thanks

I have not tried it, but since you can use GB modems on ICS, I'm sure you should be able to use ICS modems on GB. I found for SA, LPS is the best ICS modem (also used in SA's ICS firmware). The best GB modems for SA is KI4 and KL1.
 
I have not tried it, but since you can use GB modems on ICS, I'm sure you should be able to use ICS modems on GB. I found for SA, LPS is the best ICS modem (also used in SA's ICS firmware). The best GB modems for SA is KI4 and KL1.

Yeah, thanks for the response.
I went ahead and tried it last night and it works. Also found out LPS is in the SA release so used that. Signal is actually better than kl1 and ki4. Gps as well.

Also what I did was to disable H+ (21mbps) and only run 2G/3G/HSPA(7mbps). Works very well now. Removed that slight delay when browsing coz of waiting for 3g to turn into H+. Also battery is better now.
 
Yeah, thanks for the response.
I went ahead and tried it last night and it works. Also found out LPS is in the SA release so used that. Signal is actually better than kl1 and ki4. Gps as well.

Also what I did was to disable H+ (21mbps) and only run 2G/3G/HSPA(7mbps). Works very well now. Removed that slight delay when browsing coz of waiting for 3g to turn into H+. Also battery is better now.

Hi.

Can you give me the link for LPS please
 
Ok I know I'm gonna get a beating for asking this but I'm really lazy to look through the 140 page thread. Basically, I've got a completely stock Vodacom GS2 phone that I updated to 4.0.3 over the air.

So do I just need to follow the instructions on the cyanogenmod wiki "Full update guide" to go from non-rooted stock to cyanogenmod? ie. this url: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_II:_Full_Update_Guide

It says near the end of the page: " NOTE: In order to flash CyanogenMod via ROM Manager, root access is required. Attaining root access is outside the scope of this wiki page "

So I'm guessing that I need to follow some other instructions as well? Or if I follow only those on the above url will I be fine?

Thanks

edit: the more I read that page the more I think that everything needed is there already, guess I'll just start downloading the ROM
 
Last edited:
Ok I know I'm gonna get a beating for asking this but I'm really lazy to look through the 140 page thread. Basically, I've got a completely stock Vodacom GS2 phone that I updated to 4.0.3 over the air.

So do I just need to follow the instructions on the cyanogenmod wiki "Full update guide" to go from non-rooted stock to cyanogenmod? ie. this url: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_II:_Full_Update_Guide

It says near the end of the page: " NOTE: In order to flash CyanogenMod via ROM Manager, root access is required. Attaining root access is outside the scope of this wiki page "

So I'm guessing that I need to follow some other instructions as well? Or if I follow only those on the above url will I be fine?

Thanks

edit: the more I read that page the more I think that everything needed is there already, guess I'll just start downloading the ROM

Let us know how it goes - there's lots of people here willing and able to assist ;)
 
Do any of you happen to know if the S2 is available at Vodashop on TopUp 200 and what the pay-in is? My wife is due for an upgrade
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X