Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even close with my s2. Have to charge every night. Better than the dhd's battery life.
Where can I find the setting on the s2 to manually manipulate the 3g function?
Go to settings > wireless and network > mobile networks:

• use packet data is off for me (as i use wifi)
• network mode : gsm only (aka 2g)

and then check if it makes a diff...
 
It could have been an estimate by the sales rep, but I like the fact that VM has an idea about the pricing and potential availability of their phones. For a big service provider like MTN , it's just shocking how much their own consultants know.

I don't want to go through the hassle of porting over to someone else, so it looks like I will have to wait. If there is some tiny sliver of hope, they could probably get the phone soon even though it's not on their systems as yet and offer it to people upgrading.

Really sad that the customer has to endure all this.

True.
 
Well I am not surprised by that. I called MTN last week and was told they would not be stocking the Galaxy S2. So I guess there is no way the consultants would know about it. It really doesn't make sense to me at all. They will loose a few customers because of this decision. I really hope I was speaking to an ignorant consultant.
 
Last edited:
Autopage says R3600 pay-in on MTN Anytime 200 (which is abt R300 more than the current iphone and 1k more that the Galaxy s).
No idea of eta though.
 
Autopage says R3600 pay-in on MTN Anytime 200 (which is abt R300 more than the current iphone and 1k more that the Galaxy s).
No idea of eta though.

Please provide a link.. I have a few contacts I can molester at Altech
 
Autopage says R3600 pay-in on MTN Anytime 200 (which is abt R300 more than the current iphone and 1k more that the Galaxy s).
No idea of eta though.

Please provide a link.. I have a few contacts I can molester at Altech :D
 
Hey guys

I got a few extra phones lying around and I need to sell them to get a Samsung GSII. What is the best way to sell used phones? I got a SE Satio, N95, N73, SE K850 and W880i
 
Last edited:
Hey guys

I got a few extra phones lying around and I need to sell them to get a Samsung GSII. What is the best way to sell used phones? I got a SE Satio, N95, N73, SE K850 and W880i

This site has a classifieds section. There's also Gumtree.co.za.

I've still got my old SE K800i to get rid of, need to find all the accessories and sell it.
 
Not even close with my s2. Have to charge every night. Better than the dhd's battery life.
Where can I find the setting on the s2 to manually manipulate the 3g function?

Since this is something I do often, rather than mess around with settings menu, I just use this widget. There are others that do the same thing if you want a different look/feel, but this one suits my taste :)
 
Upgrade

I just spoke to Autopage, Galaxy S2 is on their system and I did my upgrade. They say will get phone in next 3 weeks.
 
I just spoke to Autopage, Galaxy S2 is on their system and I did my upgrade. They say will get phone in next 3 weeks.

VC, MTN or CellC?

The lady at Autopage sent me this :
PHO-SAM-i9100 GALAXY S II - scheduled to arrive late June/early July 2011
 
VC, MTN or CellC?

The lady at Autopage sent me this :
PHO-SAM-i9100 GALAXY S II - scheduled to arrive late June/early July 2011

Promising, I just hope MTN will stock it. I am not with Autopage and don't really want to go through the hassle of switching my contract over to them.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X