Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
upgrade due next month and i wanted to put my name down on a pre-order list at MTN this weekend. even though he knew full well what phone i was talking about the store clerk told me "we have not confirmed whether we will stock the phone, you can put your name up for the sensation". i doubt this guy knows what he's talking about...

any similar experiences out there?

I have called MTN SP on 3 differnt occasions and spoke 3 different people and after checking on the system they all said Mtn would not be stocking the phone. So I will uprade to the I phone 4, sell it and buy the galaxy cash. Anyone wanting an I phone 4 inbox me.
 
I have called MTN SP on 3 differnt occasions and spoke 3 different people and after checking on the system they all said Mtn would not be stocking the phone. So I will uprade to the I phone 4, sell it and buy the galaxy cash. Anyone wanting an I phone 4 inbox me.

It makes no sence at all. When I look at any of the promotions on the mtn website or the booklets in store, all i see are Samsung products...... They stock the original galaxy as well as the galaxy tab and almost all of samsungs phones.... How dumb is mtn not to order the upgraded versions of those products.

If they stock the galaxy s and the original samsung tablet, people will obviously want to get the upgraded tab and galaxy. I'm so fed up with mtn right now. I am due for an upgrade, but am just thinking of porting over to someone who has the products I want.

The galaxy S2 is the most talked about phone right now as well as the htc sensation. if they don't get the galaxy s2 then I doubt they will be getting the sensation as well.
 
i think this is a matter of communication to the individual stores, and how knowledgeable the store clerk is. i really doubt that MTN will not carry the phone. just a week or so ago mybb had an article on S2 pricing at the carriers and MTN was among them. i think these updates are just communicated in a more controlled manner / slower at MTN. frustrating none the less though...
 
Not sure what's going on, but I called a few Cell C stores and they said the phone is not yet available. Go figure.
 
Got to play with a SGS2 demo model a bit last week. Before I had even touched it I loved it. It's SO THIN! And it's SO LIGHT! But it still feels solid and strong.
The screen is gorgeous. The whole thing is gorgeous. The camera on it is brilliant. The touchscreen is slick.

I'm known for my BBfangirlism and loveofharwarekeyboards and hateoftouchscreendevices but my oh my... SGS2, how lovely you are!
 
this from vodacom customer care by email this afternoon:

Regrettably there are no price list or any deals available for the Samsung i9100 galaxy s2 at this time. Please note once the handset is launched the pricing will become available.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused.
 
Just picked up my SGS2 from the post office 2 day.. Such an awesome phone!!
I used royal mail from handtec and never payed any import costs! :D so it cost me just under 5K with delivery!
Supper stoked... Such a sexy phone! Better than my old n97 lol
 
Just picked up my SGS2 from the post office 2 day.. Such an awesome phone!!
I used royal mail from handtec and never payed any import costs! :D so it cost me just under 5K with delivery!
Supper stoked... Such a sexy phone! Better than my old n97 lol

NICE!
 
Did you just pay the £389.99 excl. VAT price plus the £23 delivery fee?

No TAX, nothing?
 
Might be the exception, rather than the rule. I would have thought that VAT and duties would still have been charged.
I have ordered stuff (vinyls) from the UK numerous times through Royal Mail, and every time I was charged VAT & duties.

At that price, it may be worth the risk though - go for it boramk :D
 
Yes that's correct, all I paid was for the handset and the delivery charges. Nothing more! No VAT, no customs! Although i'm sure it's more luck than anything else :D but :D
 
Might be the exception, rather than the rule. I would have thought that VAT and duties would still have been charged.
I have ordered stuff (vinyls) from the UK numerous times through Royal Mail, and every time I was charged VAT & duties.

At that price, it may be worth the risk though - go for it boramk :D

k, I'm no longer buying now :(

Looks like it was luck :( I guess Ii'' just have to wait 1 more month
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X