Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
seems like i will go for it as well amazing phone that.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
congrats! damn you are lucky not to pay vat :) make the best of it!
 
@Vodacom111 via twitter: Hi Subways81. Procurement has advised that the ETA for the Samsung Galaxy S II is end of July,& the HTC Sensation is in testing.^RF
 
@Vodacom111 via twitter: Hi Subways81. Procurement has advised that the ETA for the Samsung Galaxy S II is end of July,& the HTC Sensation is in testing.^RF

Nice! Just wish Vodacom could give me a price on my contract in the mean time.
 
MTNs twitter page says that the S2 will be available between late July and September. Absoloutly ridiculous!

Other countries are already enjoying their phones since May. Even countries such as India which normally launch products much later than here have the phone for a while now.

I am already due for an upgrade for a while now and thought that I would have had this phone in my hands now. Really dissapointed here.
 
I am so tired waiting for all these phones :(. I've been waiting for more than 3 months now, since my contract expired. My existing phone is really starting to give me problems. I will take any of the following phones, which have all been released for months everywhere else and some has even been announced in SA:

  • Samsung Galaxy S2
  • HTC Sensation
  • HTC Desire S
  • HTC Incredible S
  • Sony Ericsson Arc

I just don't want to take a contract with Virgin Mobile.

I'm so desperate I might even take an iPhone:D.
 
I have been one of the unfortunate people who has a nokia N97. I have been using that for two years now. That was the worst phone I have ever chosen. I have had too many problems with it. I am really counting on this upgrade for something decent and which actually works.

Even when the providers have the phone in stock, they have it in testing for ages while other people who have imported it use it perfectly fine with no issues. All the hype and excitement I had about upgrading has gone away now.
 
I am so tired waiting for all these phones :(. I've been waiting for more than 3 months now, since my contract expired. My existing phone is really starting to give me problems. I will take any of the following phones, which have all been released for months everywhere else and some has even been announced in SA:

  • Samsung Galaxy S2
  • HTC Sensation
  • HTC Desire S
  • HTC Incredible S
  • Sony Ericsson Arc

I just don't want to take a contract with Virgin Mobile.

I'm so desperate I might even take an iPhone:D.

Rather wait than be unhappy for 2 years.
 
I am so tired waiting for all these phones :(. I've been waiting for more than 3 months now, since my contract expired. My existing phone is really starting to give me problems. I will take any of the following phones, which have all been released for months everywhere else and some has even been announced in SA:

  • Samsung Galaxy S2
  • HTC Sensation
  • HTC Desire S
  • HTC Incredible S
  • Sony Ericsson Arc

I just don't want to take a contract with Virgin Mobile.

I'm so desperate I might even take an iPhone:D.

Spoke to a sales rep at I think autopage at the pavillion last weekend. He said the arc is released but they never get stock yet
 
I have been one of the unfortunate people who has a nokia N97. I have been using that for two years now. That was the worst phone I have ever chosen. I have had too many problems with it. I am really counting on this upgrade for something decent and which actually works.

Oh dear! Even an HTC Chacha will make you happy. :D
 
I have been one of the unfortunate people who has a nokia N97. I have been using that for two years now. That was the worst phone I have ever chosen. I have had too many problems with it. I am really counting on this upgrade for something decent and which actually works.

Even when the providers have the phone in stock, they have it in testing for ages while other people who have imported it use it perfectly fine with no issues. All the hype and excitement I had about upgrading has gone away now.

My n97 flat out died! Thats why I imported the SGS2! Amazing phone.. I'm actually glad that Piece of crap Nokia died..
 
Need help, feel like crying. Rooted the s2 and it was fine. Could not get the phone to mms and a friend gave me the good advice to do a factory reset and then try the mms settings again. The result is the phone kept on restarting itself. Did I manufatured a brick or is there a way to fix it. Willing to pay if somebody can help me in the Pta/Jhb area.
 
Need help, feel like crying. Rooted the s2 and it was fine. Could not get the phone to mms and a friend gave me the good advice to do a factory reset and then try the mms settings again. The result is the phone kept on restarting itself. Did I manufatured a brick or is there a way to fix it. Willing to pay if somebody can help me in the Pta/Jhb area.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1108499&highlight=loop

Sounds like your problem and in plain big black letters it says it isn't bricked ;)

Good Luck :D
 
OMG, phone hasn't even launched here, and the updated version is coming soon.
http://www.gsmarena.com/the_galaxy_s_ii_cpu_might_be_boosted_up_to_14ghz-news-2824.php
Samsung to launch a 1.4 GHz Galaxy S II in September?
27 June, 2011 | Comments (19) | Post your comment
Tags: Samsung, Android, Touch UI, Rumors

A particularly juicy rumor has it that Samsung is preparing an updated version of its Samsung Galaxy S II flagship with a 1.4 GHz dual-core processor. The upgrade could either be delivered with the NFC-capable version of the company flagship or in a completely new smartphone.
Word is Samsung is preparing an updated version of its Exynos SoC. It will reportedly retain the same GPU (Mali-400MP) and RAM amount (1GB), but it will boost the processor speed by 200 MHz to 1.4 GHz. Samsung has done that once, upping the Galaxy S II CPU frequency right before its market release.
The more interesting question is whether we'll see the new SoC in an updated version of the Galaxy S II, such as the upcoming NFC edition, or it is going to launch within a completely new device.
According to the source Samsung is making the update so its flagship will be able to compete even more successfully with the iPhone 5, when it gets announced (reportedly this September). We'll hopefully see how things turn out after a couple of months.
 
Have to sell my Desire HD, but can upgrade on 15 Aug. Can't wait - seems like this phone should be out by then. Hopefully not too expensive!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X