Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neatrom lite 4.2
Battery life has been getting progressively woese since I flashed the rom.

4.2 was based on LS8. I think LS8 had problems. When I had it on, I got freezes and bootloops. Others didn't have any problems. There could be an app draining your battery. Get BBS and see what drains the battery.

I just got an update pushed to my phone (Spanish ROM). Have no idea what it is but hopefully it's a fix for my hectic battery drain.

Were you on LS8? If so, then it might be a fix for some issues on LS8 that were addressed in LSD. What JB version are you on now? *#1234#

Guys is LPS modem still the best for SA? And can I use LPS modem with NeatRom Jelly Bean LSD?

Oh PS Thanks for the wallapers

The new modems on LSJ and LS8 are pretty good. I loved LPS, but has found no reason to flash it back.

First impressions on Slimbean.

Very Smooth, 182DPi Default, some nice settings to play with. If bluetooth works well could be a keeper.

Let's hope it does!
 
Last edited:
Bluetooth calling issues mainly - was on neat rom yesterday but phone died at 4pm this is with extended battery. today 12hrs latter and i still have 44% battery but every time I make a Bluetooth call with my parrot car kit I have to reboot. Also lots of failed calls were I could not make a connection and signal loss (cell c). Plus dealing with lots of personal Sh1 and need a phone that just works and will last through the day.

Only saw this post now- perhaps a modem flashing is in order for you?
 
Does anybody have some good tips on setting up MS Exchange accounts without them causing your battery to take a beating? For some reason since I have been using JB my battery has been draining super quickly and after reviewing BetterBatteryStats it appears that ExchangeServices is the culprit. I always used to have push enabled on my Exchange account without having any issues with battery drain but it seems there is some bug now that is causing excessive wake locks in the Exchange module.

I have temporarily removed my Exchange account completely to see if that is indeed the problem but if anybody has tips I'm all ears!
 
Does anybody have some good tips on setting up MS Exchange accounts without them causing your battery to take a beating? For some reason since I have been using JB my battery has been draining super quickly and after reviewing BetterBatteryStats it appears that ExchangeServices is the culprit. I always used to have push enabled on my Exchange account without having any issues with battery drain but it seems there is some bug now that is causing excessive wake locks in the Exchange module.

I have temporarily removed my Exchange account completely to see if that is indeed the problem but if anybody has tips I'm all ears!

Try Emoze if you're looking for a 3rd party exchange client. Works well for me without needing Exchange support on the phone.
 
What app do you use to change your DPI. Or is the app it built into the ROM?

I'm also on slimrom now and loving it so far!
The dpi changer is built into the rom.

It is under settings/interface/general, just checked.
 
When coming from Neatrom LSJ, can I just flash the new LSD, or die I need complete wipe?
 
Need to get a new mini-usb port on my phone cleaning it has stopped being effective - anyone know a walk in centre that can do it on site in JHB...

BTW: Slimrom rocks.
 
So it seems my S2 has been possessed, charging, not changing cycling through Drive mode and back to normal. It is actually quiet funny wondering around with your pocket asking you "What do you want to do" randomly.

I am guessing that I have a dirty usb port. It is still under warranty but is there anything I can do short of taking it in? I was thinking of using the compressed from my scuba tank to blow it out.

Anyone got their port cleaned successfully?
 
Last edited:
I am in need of sage wisdom!

A while back I rooted my S2, experimented with a few different builds of CyanogenMod 10 (nightlies etc) after getting fed up with the constant signal and data signal dropping I found a version of CyanogenMod 9 that is pretty stable, has ok batt life and I was happy.

It now seems to reboot the phone quite often which I am finding a pain.

I am running CyanogenMod v 9.1.0-galaxys2 with the kernel from the single install package they offer.
I also have CWM v6.0.1.2 installed and working.

Any advice as to where to look for a stable ROM (and Kernel?) that does well with battery use and won't have some of these intermittent issues?
 
So it seems my S2 has been possessed, charging, not changing cycling through Drive mode and back to normal. It is actually quiet funny wondering around with your pocket asking you "What do you want to do" randomly.

I am guessing that I have a dirty usb port. It is still under warranty but is there anything I can do short of taking it in? I was thinking of using the compressed from my scuba tank to blow it out.

Anyone got their port cleaned successfully?

When mine does that I just switch it off, take out the battery and clean the port with bits of computer antistatic wipes rolled around a toothpick.
 
I am in need of sage wisdom!

A while back I rooted my S2, experimented with a few different builds of CyanogenMod 10 (nightlies etc) after getting fed up with the constant signal and data signal dropping I found a version of CyanogenMod 9 that is pretty stable, has ok batt life and I was happy.

It now seems to reboot the phone quite often which I am finding a pain.

I am running CyanogenMod v 9.1.0-galaxys2 with the kernel from the single install package they offer.
I also have CWM v6.0.1.2 installed and working.

Any advice as to where to look for a stable ROM (and Kernel?) that does well with battery use and won't have some of these intermittent issues?

Have you ever tried the official Samsung 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X