Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone confirm whether the newer LSD & LSJ firmware have the unified camera and gallery? The last time I tried an Omega ROM, the 2 apps were still separate.
This is one of the biggest features of JB for me, and the reason I am still on RR 4.2.1
 
Can anyone confirm whether the newer LSD & LSJ firmware have the unified camera and gallery? The last time I tried an Omega ROM, the 2 apps were still separate.
This is one of the biggest features of JB for me, and the reason I am still on RR 4.2.1

You just swipe to the right when you're using your camera, and you get to the gallery.
 
SlimROM (and by association, Android 4.2.x) is my new favourite ROM. Of course, you need to add the GApps and GNow addons at the very least. ;)
 
Thanks Merc.
That's the way I expect it to work, but the last time I tried Omega V17 and V18, both based on XXLSJ, the camera and gallery were still 2 seperate apps. This is one of the main reasons I have decided to stick with ASOP and AKOP ROMs.

You just swipe to the right when you're using your camera, and you get to the gallery.
 
Thanks Merc.
That's the way I expect it to work, but the last time I tried Omega V17 and V18, both based on XXLSJ, the camera and gallery were still 2 seperate apps. This is one of the main reasons I have decided to stick with ASOP and AKOP ROMs.

I'm on v18 Omega and it works when I swipe to the right,
 
Need to get a new mini-usb port on my phone cleaning it has stopped being effective - anyone know a walk in centre that can do it on site in JHB...

BTW: Slimrom rocks.

All fixed now. Went to CRS in Lyndhurst. they replaced it on site in 30min. R420
 
I just realized the old method of changing your CSC code does not work in Jelly Bean anymore :

*#272*Device IMEI# at Phone dial pad.

Mmmmmm.
 
Like myself, I am sure there are many other early adopters of the S2 that are also coming up to their 2 year upgrade cycle.

What are you all currently looking at for your next upgrade?
Get a S3 immediately? Maybe a Sony Xperia Z? Holding out for an S4?

I am very interested in the Xperia Z, but then again, I am sure there are gonna be a string of 5" phones that are either gonna be announced at MWC or just after. The S4 announcement is also expected to be around March/April.

If the S4 is anything like the rumored render below - then I am definitely gonna wait for the S4.
I would be sold on the metal body and dual front-facing speakers.
Galaxy-S4-Render-Metal-650x496.png
 
I can upgrade in June, not sure what I will get but it will most likely be an android device.
 
Like myself, I am sure there are many other early adopters of the S2 that are also coming up to their 2 year upgrade cycle.

What are you all currently looking at for your next upgrade?
Get a S3 immediately? Maybe a Sony Xperia Z? Holding out for an S4?

I am very interested in the Xperia Z, but then again, I am sure there are gonna be a string of 5" phones that are either gonna be announced at MWC or just after. The S4 announcement is also expected to be around March/April.

If the S4 is anything like the rumored render below - then I am definitely gonna wait for the S4.
I would be sold on the metal body and dual front-facing speakers.
View attachment 38940

Ooh, yummy. :)
 
Like myself, I am sure there are many other early adopters of the S2 that are also coming up to their 2 year upgrade cycle.

What are you all currently looking at for your next upgrade?
Get a S3 immediately? Maybe a Sony Xperia Z? Holding out for an S4?

I am very interested in the Xperia Z, but then again, I am sure there are gonna be a string of 5" phones that are either gonna be announced at MWC or just after. The S4 announcement is also expected to be around March/April.

If the S4 is anything like the rumored render below - then I am definitely gonna wait for the S4.
I would be sold on the metal body and dual front-facing speakers.
View attachment 38940

You are correct, sir. I remember us being some of the first with the phone.

I'm more open to what my upgrade will be. I'm really sick and tired of having to wait for updates and then hack it onto my phone.

I'm holding out for May to see what everyone announces (including Motorola as Google now owns it). Software updates and battery life will pay a bigger role for me this time around.
 
SlimROM (and by association, Android 4.2.x) is my new favourite ROM. Of course, you need to add the GApps and GNow addons at the very least. ;)

Think I'm going to flash this ROM tonight, can't stop this battery drain with Spanish JB ROM - has something to do with wifi but have tried all the fixes and still having horrible battery life.
 
Im so tired om omega 19.2, it keeps completely crashing, forcing me to clean install. F-that. I'll try SLIM, have wanted to for a while.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X