Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would normally never buy two of the same thing, but this S2 is just too damn special. :)

20130215_204733_zpsf0528d8a.jpg
 
Link.

Yes, the original S2 is rather hard to source new. I would wait it out for the Z, and if not, go for the T.

Have you considered the Nexus 4?

Yup, won't be easy to find a brand new S2, but I am sure there must still be a boxed one in a warehouse somewhere.

Try phoning Vodacom, MTN, 8ta and CellC......and then call it the day if they all tell you there's no stock.
 
Glad I haven't flashed yet then :) Any other light ROMs that have working hotspot?

It has something to do with dorimanx wifi drivers, sammy roms use the latest but cm10.1 uses an older one, so dori supports sammy's drivers.
So all cm10.1 based roms will not have tethering if you use dori, but stock kernels work fine.
 
Does anyone know where I can buy the extended battery? Kalahari says 'out of stock'. Where else can I look?

Also, have any of you installed the latest Neatrom and have random reboots/shut downs?

Thanks
 
Does anyone know where I can buy the extended battery? Kalahari says 'out of stock'. Where else can I look?

Also, have any of you installed the latest Neatrom and have random reboots/shut downs?

Thanks

I saw one at Dion Wired at Canal Walk in Century City yesterday.

Price is R380.

*Oh, the MTN shop in Canal Walk also has one, but it's priced at R461. :wtf:
 
Got my S2 since September 2011 still love it as much when I first got it.

Using RootBox 3.7.1 very clean and smooth.
 
I saw one at Dion Wired at Canal Walk in Century City yesterday.

Price is R380.

*Oh, the MTN shop in Canal Walk also has one, but it's priced at R461. :wtf:

Samsung store at Canal walk.ask lionel to put your name on the list for one, R400 of you ask for a discount
 
I think the battery drain thing is wifi related. I was having some serious battery drain, then moved my router to a better location and now battery life is fine again. Problem is at work our router is pretty far away from where my desk is and it seems the phones is struggling with weak signal. You should also set up a static ip on your phone so it doesn't have to query the dhcp server the whole time which apparently also causes quite a bit of drain.
 
No help. Judging by posts on XDA im not the only one.
Well I've run the Nordic & Spanish XWLSD stock ROMs and see no difference in battery drain between them and NeatROM 4.3 Full.

Maybe its something you're running? In all cases Screen accounts for the overwhelming majority of battery drain on my phone.

PS: Only other deviation I've done is upgrade the kernel from PhilZ 4.22 thats bundled with NeatROM 4.3 to latest 4.35
 
Last edited:
I think the battery drain thing is wifi related. I was having some serious battery drain, then moved my router to a better location and now battery life is fine again. Problem is at work our router is pretty far away from where my desk is and it seems the phones is struggling with weak signal. You should also set up a static ip on your phone so it doesn't have to query the dhcp server the whole time which apparently also causes quite a bit of drain.

My usage pattern is the same. Only difference was flashing to 4.2 lite ftom 4.0, and then 4.3 lite in the vain hope of solving the battery drain. See a few pages back I posted up pics from BBS
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X