Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it support android 4.2 too?

Don't know yet. All we know is that the development of the kernel has taken off again. So hopefully we will have something to test soon.

I might be mistaken, but perhaps Siyah 5 can handle 4.2
 
SlimROM is pretty darn close, IMO.
Sort of, in that it is 4.2.1 based, but its has some mods e.g. dpi, launcher etc. Also has some stuff missing e.g. right swipe on lock for camera. SuperNexus on the other hand is the exact Nexus experience with no deviation, animated Nexus boot logo n' all.

Still as an MS Exchange user I find the 4.2.x gapps pretty lacking compared to the Samsung ones, so will stick with NeatROM 4.3 (latest stock Samsung 4.1.2 rooted). I occasionally switch to SuperNexus just to see if I'd want to get a Nexus phone, but so far I'm not convinced to replace my main workhours phone, an iPhone 5.
 
Has anyone figured out how to get the S-Planner app and widget working on a 4.2.X ROM other than the stock Samsung based ROM's?
 
Has anyone figured out how to get the S-Planner app and widget working on a 4.2.X ROM other than the stock Samsung based ROM's?

S-planner application and widgets are most probably the best and most used goodies on my phone.

It is brilliant and close enough /better than HTC Sense.
 
any of the guys using slim bean, which version are you using? When I try to install 4.2.1 with Inverted Gapps. I'm having huge issues where my keyboard doesn't work. (nothing appears on first boot when I'm trying to set up my gmail sync)
 
I use SLIM, still on RC1. I don't trust the inverted apps... *ninja face*
Flash something like this for the keyboard.
 
@Carrot why you using RC1 though? Stable is out. I'm trying to get Inverted working, slim is no go for me if I can't use inverted :D
 
Has anyone figured out how to get the S-Planner app and widget working on a 4.2.X ROM other than the stock Samsung based ROM's?
From what I've read it can't be done.

Samsung's EMail, SPlanner, Messaging etc. are all built on a custom framework which is not compatible with AOSP 4.2.x
 
Darn, i just cannot find a setup with everything I want. And I've been messing around with sdcards in the gopro and after a ROM upgrade I now find my phone's memory has been completely whiped, all photos everything gone... Doh!
 
@Carrot why you using RC1 though? Stable is out. I'm trying to get Inverted working, slim is no go for me if I can't use inverted :D

Im running slim stable with inverted gapps. No problems with the keyboard, although I installed swiftkey first thing.

Only thing I could fault was that gnow is not yhe latest version with the inverted gapps, but doesn't bother me much.
 
I don't understand why I'm having this issue. I'm doing a full wipe.
The SHA1 for my ROM is: E94509AE7E823F39334925550BB33E3297506D6A
and the SHA1 for my Slim Inverted apps is: 673EC4078774A2018E41AD7903AC8F187B714320

It doesn't look like the files are corrupt
 
What extras/add ons are good ones if you're gonna be a first time slimrom user? I assume the usual gapps, anything else?

Moving away from omega 19.2 its not stable enough for my liking
 
What extras/add ons are good ones if you're gonna be a first time slimrom user? I assume the usual gapps, anything else?

Moving away from omega 19.2 its not stable enough for my liking

Google Now package as well. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X