Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why I'm having this issue. I'm doing a full wipe.
The SHA1 for my ROM is: E94509AE7E823F39334925550BB33E3297506D6A
and the SHA1 for my Slim Inverted apps is: 673EC4078774A2018E41AD7903AC8F187B714320

It doesn't look like the files are corrupt

I'm just using "the real dark slim" gapps and gnow. But I use the ones that was released with rc2 still.
 
Nope, you can still download from Hotfile. It's just that there is no indication that you can actually click the item (i.e. no hover effect).

That's great news!!

Still waiting for the official Samsung 4.1.2 XFA ROM, then it's done.
 
Just a quick update, have SuperNexus 2.0 flashed since early this morning, and so far I'm a bit let down by the "vanilla" experience. There is some pretty useful base features one takes for granted not included in the "vanilla" Android 4.2.2, like forcing your handset to stay on (no sleep) while charging, wallpaper scrolling, etc. Lots of small issues that I took for granted on other ROMS.

I'm not sure I'm going to keep this installed, just feels a little to naked for my liking. Will test it the rest of the day and maybe flash another ROM tonight.
 
Just a quick update, have SuperNexus 2.0 flashed since early this morning, and so far I'm a bit let down by the "vanilla" experience. There is some pretty useful base features one takes for granted not included in the "vanilla" Android 4.2.2, like forcing your handset to stay on (no sleep) while charging, wallpaper scrolling, etc. Lots of small issues that I took for granted on other ROMS.

I'm not sure I'm going to keep this installed, just feels a little to naked for my liking. Will test it the rest of the day and maybe flash another ROM tonight.

That pretty much sums up my experience with Vanilla Android. I much prefer the CM/AOSP experience - those tweaks make all the difference to me. I'm even starting to choose my ROMs based on which tweaks have been added.
 
Just a quick update, have SuperNexus 2.0 flashed since early this morning, and so far I'm a bit let down by the "vanilla" experience. There is some pretty useful base features one takes for granted not included in the "vanilla" Android 4.2.2, like forcing your handset to stay on (no sleep) while charging, wallpaper scrolling, etc. Lots of small issues that I took for granted on other ROMS.

I'm not sure I'm going to keep this installed, just feels a little to naked for my liking. Will test it the rest of the day and maybe flash another ROM tonight.

I actually love the official Samsung Jelly Bean ROM for the S2.

Just the Smartstay feature, SPlanner calendar, exceptional dialer, Touchwiz Nature UX launcher and incredibly useful widgets are enough for me to not even consider other ROMs.
 
Does anyone have a link for the blue X wallpaper from Rootbox? please
 
Just finished installing Slimbean Stable v1.0, so far so good!!! Loving the clean simple approach, I believe this is the best Rom I've flashed so far!!!
Was having problems on Omega 19.2 even from clean install.

Are you guys running stock kernel on slimbean, or is it worth my while to go for the latest Siyah?
 
Just finished installing Slimbean Stable v1.0, so far so good!!! Loving the clean simple approach, I believe this is the best Rom I've flashed so far!!!
Was having problems on Omega 19.2 even from clean install.

Are you guys running stock kernel on slimbean, or is it worth my while to go for the latest Siyah?

I am on the stock kernel, no problems. But I miss bln, so might try dori when .48 is released.
 
Just finished installing Slimbean Stable v1.0, so far so good!!! Loving the clean simple approach, I believe this is the best Rom I've flashed so far!!!
Was having problems on Omega 19.2 even from clean install.

Are you guys running stock kernel on slimbean, or is it worth my while to go for the latest Siyah?

I'm using Dori's kernel. No problems, good battery life too.
 
Tks guys, I seem to be getting good battery life with stock, and not experiencing any problems so I think I will stick with it for now.

Another question, who is still using swift key, it seems laggy these days. Actually switched to the aosp keyboard now, even though I prefer swift key, but it just feels laggy. Anyone with similar experience?
 
Tks guys, I seem to be getting good battery life with stock, and not experiencing any problems so I think I will stick with it for now.

Another question, who is still using swift key, it seems laggy these days. Actually switched to the aosp keyboard now, even though I prefer swift key, but it just feels laggy. Anyone with similar experience?

I am, and it works fine, no lags. Maybe clear cache and try again, or delete and reinstall.
 
Tks guys, I seem to be getting good battery life with stock, and not experiencing any problems so I think I will stick with it for now.

Another question, who is still using swift key, it seems laggy these days. Actually switched to the aosp keyboard now, even though I prefer swift key, but it just feels laggy. Anyone with similar experience?

Swift key is laggy for me too and seems to crash quite often too. I am using Samsung stock keyboard with the swipe gestures but it's not very accurate and I am increasingly becoming a victim of autocorrect jokes.
 
I am, and it works fine, no lags. Maybe clear cache and try again, or delete and reinstall.

Swift key is laggy for me too and seems to crash quite often too. I am using Samsung stock keyboard with the swipe gestures but it's not very accurate and I am increasingly becoming a victim of autocorrect jokes.

Funny, I don't have these problems. Guess i am lucky. Swiftkey is worth every cent I paid for it! Maybe update to the lates Swiftkey - it includes swype.
 
Funny, I don't have these problems. Guess i am lucky. Swiftkey is worth every cent I paid for it! Maybe update to the lates Swiftkey - it includes swype.

Yup, was gonna say the same thing. New SwiftKey 4 released yesterday, put me back on it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X