Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next obvious question I guess...which country should I choose as SA is not listed? Not sure what the current Vodacom version is.

Just choose anyone, doesn't matter.
I'm using the Spain 4.1.2 ROM, works a treat on Vodacom's network.

And the GPS locks in a second, it's insanely fast.
 
Just choose anyone, doesn't matter.
I'm using the Spain 4.1.2 ROM, works a treat on Vodacom's network.

And the GPS locks in a second, it's insanely fast.

Sounds good! Found the SA one on there which is still 4.0.3 but can't seem to downgrade to that (or the download has corrupted three times) from Resurrection Remix which is 4.2.1.

Won't the warranty be void if I put the Spain 4.1.2 one on, assuming I can downgrade from 4.2.1?
 
Last edited:
Sounds good! Found the SA one on there which is still 4.0.3 but can't seem to downgrade to that (or the download has corrupted three times) from Resurrection Remix which is 4.1.3.

Won't the warranty be void if I put the Spain 4.1.2 one on, assuming I can downgrade from 4.1.3?

You can downgrade anytime you like.

Just make sure you do a factory reset and wipe the cache.

Hold in home + power + volume up buttons when you switch the phone on. Menu options are there.
 
Interesting read of the latest Dori kernel, especially the last part:

Change Log:

*Pulled new MEM updates from 3.8.Y kernel.
*Pulled FileSystem updates from 3.8.Y kernel.
*Voku pulled ZRAM critical updates.
*Voku pulled PM update.
*I have retuned system as real Linux, tuned by PRO developers
*Fixed kernel scheduling tuning for awake/sleep
*Tuned profiles:
allowed in STweaks more dB for speaker.
reduced allowed MEM ratio after found that to high value SOD our device on file transfer, it's using too much RAM and kernel kill the main VM service and then game over.
now file transfer working fast and no sods or delays,
please do not restore your profile!
just tune again what you like.
*Added +50mv to first GPU voltage now set to 950.
*Removed from STweaks GPU freqs below 108Mhz, they didnt work any way.

have fun and report.

dont forget all new roms have BUG with video driver.
so to prevent SOD use the Force GPU render in DEV options.
for now this is the only solution! till ROM devs will fix something!
 
You can downgrade anytime you like.

Just make sure you do a factory reset and wipe the cache.

Hold in home + power + volume up buttons when you switch the phone on. Menu options are there.

Yeah been doing that, but get a message that the ROM zip is bad and then installation is aborted. Downloading another one now which will hopefully work.
 
Rootbox 3.7.1 was super cool using Dorimanx 7.49 (Just dont use nightmare governor) But i wanted to tastse 4.2.2 so I installed the PACMAN ROM. It's the 1st time I'm using the "per app DPI and color" feature and it's super cool! Takes a while to set things up but it's just the BOM. I'll report later to see if it's stable.
 
I was using RootBox but had quite a few soft boots, so changed to SlimBean. But like you want to try this new (old) Mali driver and see what the craze is about. Have downloaded PACman ROM and latest CM10.1 but a bit undecided as yet. I know Dori is working on support...hmm might wait....aaah I don't know :rolleyes:
 
Yeah been doing that, but get a message that the ROM zip is bad and then installation is aborted. Downloading another one now which will hopefully work.

I am getting slightly concerned now. Of all the firmware files I've downloaded the official firmwares don't want to flash - I can only flash the Resurrection Remix ROM's.

What will happen if I hand in my phone with a custom ROM on it for repairs?
 
I am getting slightly concerned now. Of all the firmware files I've downloaded the official firmwares don't want to flash - I can only flash the Resurrection Remix ROM's.

What will happen if I hand in my phone with a custom ROM on it for repairs?

Are you using Odin 3.7 to flash firmware with? Odin 1.85 does not work with JB.
 
Are you using Odin 3.7 to flash firmware with? Odin 1.85 does not work with JB.

Okay clearly then not doing it right :wtf: - I downloaded the ROM zip to my phone, then flashed it with CWM on the phone itself. Haven't touched Odin since rooting in April last year :o

Will download Odin and try that tonight. Thanks for the help so far.
 
I ordered this 3800 mah extender battery for my wife's S2. She'll only be using the phone for another 4 months, after which I will use it as a GPS sports tracker with Endomondo app. So even if the extender battery looks crappy, it will be very functional.
 
I ordered this 3800 mah extender battery for my wife's S2. She'll only be using the phone for another 4 months, after which I will use it as a GPS sports tracker with Endomondo app. So even if the extender battery looks crappy, it will be very functional.

check that it works with the gsm versions although it should as the listing only mentions CDMA s2s


Samsung Galaxy S II CDMA SCH-R760(Alltel/U.S. Cellular)
 
I'm running the Spanish 4.1.2 ROM and today I got an update OTA. I downloaded and installed it - it was about 21mb. Did anyone else get this and know what its for/does? :)
 
Okay clearly then not doing it right :wtf: - I downloaded the ROM zip to my phone, then flashed it with CWM on the phone itself. Haven't touched Odin since rooting in April last year :o

Will download Odin and try that tonight. Thanks for the help so far.

Okay, using Odin did the trick. Running the official 4.0.3 ROM now so going to take it in for repairs. Thanks for all the help!
 
I'm running the Spanish 4.1.2 ROM and today I got an update OTA. I downloaded and installed it - it was about 21mb. Did anyone else get this and know what its for/does? :)

No idea!

I'm on Vodacom, using Spanish ROM and there is no downloads available.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X