samfirmware.com
Next obvious question I guess...which country should I choose as SA is not listed? Not sure what the current Vodacom version is.
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
samfirmware.com
Next obvious question I guess...which country should I choose as SA is not listed? Not sure what the current Vodacom version is.
Next obvious question I guess...which country should I choose as SA is not listed? Not sure what the current Vodacom version is.
Just choose anyone, doesn't matter.
I'm using the Spain 4.1.2 ROM, works a treat on Vodacom's network.
And the GPS locks in a second, it's insanely fast.
Sounds good! Found the SA one on there which is still 4.0.3 but can't seem to downgrade to that (or the download has corrupted three times) from Resurrection Remix which is 4.1.3.
Won't the warranty be void if I put the Spain 4.1.2 one on, assuming I can downgrade from 4.1.3?
You can downgrade anytime you like.
Just make sure you do a factory reset and wipe the cache.
Hold in home + power + volume up buttons when you switch the phone on. Menu options are there.
Yeah been doing that, but get a message that the ROM zip is bad and then installation is aborted. Downloading another one now which will hopefully work.
I am getting slightly concerned now. Of all the firmware files I've downloaded the official firmwares don't want to flash - I can only flash the Resurrection Remix ROM's.
What will happen if I hand in my phone with a custom ROM on it for repairs?
Are you using Odin 3.7 to flash firmware with? Odin 1.85 does not work with JB.
I ordered this 3800 mah extender battery for my wife's S2. She'll only be using the phone for another 4 months, after which I will use it as a GPS sports tracker with Endomondo app. So even if the extender battery looks crappy, it will be very functional.
Samsung Galaxy S II CDMA SCH-R760(Alltel/U.S. Cellular)
Judging from the photo, the new cover wont fit as the i9100 (intl) we have has a more squarish camera protrusion.check that it works with the gsm versions although it should as the listing only mentions CDMA s2s
Okay clearly then not doing it right :wtf: - I downloaded the ROM zip to my phone, then flashed it with CWM on the phone itself. Haven't touched Odin since rooting in April last year
Will download Odin and try that tonight. Thanks for the help so far.
I'm running the Spanish 4.1.2 ROM and today I got an update OTA. I downloaded and installed it - it was about 21mb. Did anyone else get this and know what its for/does?![]()