Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my Wi-Fi off the whole day today, battery life lasting about an extra 2 to 3 hours with it off.

This is Spanish Rom. Definitely going to change Roms.
 
So, after my phone's been bricked for however long I can remember, I just took a chance by trying my hand at unbricking it.

Charged it first, but had to take a guess at how fully-charged it was because there was no indication. I then tried to flash it with firmware via Odin but it kept getting stuck at the hidden.img. I then flashed just the PIT file and then reflashed the firmware; worked this time around.

Rest of the day, it kept getting updates, to the point where it is running the latest Android version 4.1.2 - my S3 is not even running this version.
 
So, after my phone's been bricked for however long I can remember, I just took a chance by trying my hand at unbricking it.

Charged it first, but had to take a guess at how fully-charged it was because there was no indication. I then tried to flash it with firmware via Odin but it kept getting stuck at the hidden.img. I then flashed just the PIT file and then reflashed the firmware; worked this time around.

Rest of the day, it kept getting updates, to the point where it is running the latest Android version 4.1.2 - my S3 is not even running this version.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the unbrickable phone. The Samsung Galaxy S II. :)

Good news, mate. Well done.
 
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the unbrickable phone. The Samsung Galaxy S II
I've lost track of how many times I've bricked/bootlooped my phone. As long as the bootloader is not corrupt and you keep your whits about you, you can always "get out of jail".
 
Had my Wi-Fi off the whole day today, battery life lasting about an extra 2 to 3 hours with it off.

This is Spanish Rom. Definitely going to change Roms.

Depending how close your wifi router is.

If I use wifi in my apartment, my battery lasts forever. If I switch it to 3G, it goes down much faster, as I don't have a great 3G signal where I live.
 
Depending how close your wifi router is.

If I use wifi in my apartment, my battery lasts forever. If I switch it to 3G, it goes down much faster, as I don't have a great 3G signal where I live.

Only started having this problem after installing the Spanish ROM, my router set up at work and home hasn't changed either.
 
When I finally get around to flashing another rom I'll be able to make a definitive call :) Just too damn lazy.

No flip, I hope the official XFA ROM will come much later. :)

I've got GTA:Vice City on my S2 (1.39GB) and last time it didn't work so well when I just copied the data file to the SD card again.
 
Dorimanx v8 kernel out for new Mali driver.
What would you say are the benefits of running Dori with CM10.1 nightlys vs. the bundled kernel?

Only gripe I have with the CM kernel is the mount USB function in CWMR doesn't work for me.
 
Hehe, Omega boot animation is awesome.

Will fully charge tonight and see what happens tomorrow, hopefully I can sort this battery issue out.
 
So, our beloved S2 phone was announced in February 2011, which is exactly two years ago, and was released on April 2011, which we're only a month away from.

Just shy from two years old! :love:
 
Just a report back on CM10.1, seems battery life is improved significantly.

Granted, I have not used the phone much since last charge, but this should give you and idea on what you can get on a stock battery:

Screenshot_2013-02-27-04-05-55.png
 
Just a report back on CM10.1, seems battery life is improved significantly.

Granted, I have not used the phone much since last charge, but this should give you and idea on what you can get on a stock battery:

My best Screen on time with the extended battery and using the official Samsung Spanish 4.1.2 ROM is 6 hours.

If you can beat that, then you've got something special going there. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X