Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grabbed it from here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1569686


Kernel: XXMS1-OXA-4.53-PhilZ

I've not used it with 3G on yet. Only installed it yesterday. My previous Neatrom drained my battery like crazy.

Must say I also don't have many apps/widgets running at the moment.

Well, no harm in trying it for a week or so. 4.3 has just been a really bad experience from me in terms of battery life
 
Grabbed it from here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1569686


Kernel: XXMS1-OXA-4.53-PhilZ

I've not used it with 3G on yet. Only installed it yesterday. My previous Neatrom drained my battery like crazy.

Must say I also don't have many apps/widgets running at the moment.

Would it be advisable to run PhilZ latest kernel with CarbonRom and XXLS8 modem? Will I run into any issues?

How about Dorimanx and Siyah?
 
I don't know about the S2, but I've read about people having issues using that kernel on the Note 2 with CarbonRom installed.

Being my normal experimental self, tried both Siyah and DorimanX. Siyah didnt even boot up. Dorimanx works. No crashes or issues so far.

Maybe I should try and PhilZ and let you guys know.

EDIT: Philz doesn't work for me. Maybe I am installing the wrong version. Tried both the XWLSE and the XWLSD.

There is 1 other UHMS8, but too lazy to try that. Anyone wanna try it out?

*cross your fingers*
 
Last edited:
So my phone just decided to get stuck in a boot loop.
Stock 4.1.2 with stock kernel.
I didn't change anything recently, didn't install any apps recently, and an hour ago BEWM stuck.
I just hope i don't have to factory reset to get it working :/
Will first just try re-installing the rom.
 
Being my normal experimental self, tried both Siyah and DorimanX. Siyah didnt even boot up. Dorimanx works. No crashes or issues so far.

Maybe I should try and PhilZ and let you guys know.

EDIT: Philz doesn't work for me. Maybe I am installing the wrong version. Tried both the XWLSE and the XWLSD.

There is 1 other UHMS8, but too lazy to try that. Anyone wanna try it out?

*cross your fingers*

Which Siyah version did you use? Only 6.0 works with JB.
 
Yeah thats what i had to do :(
I dont understand why it happened though, nothing was changed. It just decided to suddenly die on me.
If you can get into CWM, try and make a Nandroid Backup and then try to restore the backup that you just made. It worked for a few guys on XDA.
 
If you can get into CWM, try and make a Nandroid Backup and then try to restore the backup that you just made. It worked for a few guys on XDA.

I had everything stock including Recovery, so wasn't able to make a backup :/

The last time i had a bootloop was when i just installed the spanish 4.1.2 and before that was when i fiddled with the fonts folder, so i figured i caused it.
But this time it was just out of the blue!
 
Finally took the time to flash dorimanx 7.50, even though it takes literally no time.

Such a big improvement in terms of speed and smoothness compared to stock kernel on slim bean 4.2.1

How is 4.2.2 btw guys? Is it stable yet?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X