Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want to help, but I think you should head over to XDA and ask for help in the NeatROM thread. Those guys are very helpful and they can point you in the right direction to fix the drain

I've checked xda. Im not the only one experiencing this weird drain on JB roms. Ill be flashing back to ICS stock
 
I'm running the Spanish ROM. I connect to the wifi at my varsity, which is a pre-approved MAC address filtered open network (give them your mac address, approve it, you can access the open network).. It was great initially, but now I am frequently seeing my phone get stuck on obtaining IP address. What could be causing this? Most of my friends have iphones, and only 1/10 times that my phone gets stuck, are theirs stuck..
 
I'm running the Spanish ROM. I connect to the wifi at my varsity, which is a pre-approved MAC address filtered open network (give them your mac address, approve it, you can access the open network).. It was great initially, but now I am frequently seeing my phone get stuck on obtaining IP address. What could be causing this? Most of my friends have iphones, and only 1/10 times that my phone gets stuck, are theirs stuck..

Sounds like the DHCP server is running out of IP addresses to lease.

Nothing to do with your ROM.
 
Been running CarbonRom since yesterday and it is quite stable so far. Had too many issues with RevoltJB. Everytime the phone restarted I would "memory full error".

My question is: what Kernel do you guys use. Dorimanx, Siyah, etc?
 
I'm either going slim 4.2.2 or carbon next.
Wouldn't bother with either, rather go CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies. The benefit over other ROMs is the availability of a "service pack" every one or two days.

While the Nightlies are classified as experimental, I've found them no less stable or more buggy then other custom ROMs, and if something is broken it gets fixed fast.
 
What baseband radio is everyone using on their SII's? I'm using XXLPS but keep getting dropped calls and stuttering throughput, don't know if it's the MTN network in my area or the radio.
 
What baseband radio is everyone using on their SII's? I'm using XXLPS but keep getting dropped calls and stuttering throughput, don't know if it's the MTN network in my area or the radio.

Jellybeanversion_zps254e3a05.png


Calls are exceptional with this baseband radio on the Vodacom network.
 
I also have pretty decent battery life now with NeatROM lite v4.4 on the extended battery:

Screenshot_2013-03-06-11-51-16[1].pngScreenshot_2013-03-06-11-51-26[1].png
 
I'm also interested in what kernels everyone is using. Using stock slim bean 4.2.1 kernel, battery life is pretty decent, but i have been experiencing some Fc's with nova launcher, and freezes every now and then. Nothing too serious, but i of course would like to get rid of these. I'm assuming it's kernel related, although maybe I'm wrong
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X