OGroteKoning
Honorary Master
Today
What apps are you running? What apps are running in the background? Is GPS, WiFi, 3G on all the time? What is your screen brightness setting?
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Today
Brightness on auto. Wifi only on for the past few hours. 3g on most of the day
View attachment 41692
I really want to help, but I think you should head over to XDA and ask for help in the NeatROM thread. Those guys are very helpful and they can point you in the right direction to fix the drain
I've checked xda. Im not the only one experiencing this weird drain on JB roms. Ill be flashing back to ICS stock
I'm running the Spanish ROM. I connect to the wifi at my varsity, which is a pre-approved MAC address filtered open network (give them your mac address, approve it, you can access the open network).. It was great initially, but now I am frequently seeing my phone get stuck on obtaining IP address. What could be causing this? Most of my friends have iphones, and only 1/10 times that my phone gets stuck, are theirs stuck..
You can give Supernexus a go as well, been using it as daily driver for a long time now.
Try SlimROM, or (my newly installed ROM) CarbonROM.
Wouldn't bother with either, rather go CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies. The benefit over other ROMs is the availability of a "service pack" every one or two days.I'm either going slim 4.2.2 or carbon next.
What baseband radio is everyone using on their SII's? I'm using XXLPS but keep getting dropped calls and stuttering throughput, don't know if it's the MTN network in my area or the radio.
![]()
Calls are exceptional with this baseband radio on the Vodacom network.
Yes. LS8 and LS6 are both good
I also have pretty decent battery life now with NeatROM lite v4.4 on the extended battery:
View attachment 41764View attachment 41766
Hmm. What kernel. 3g on? Whats your daily usage like?