Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woaw that is very nice battery life. All of those stuff is off all the time, except Facetag (will turn that off now since I never use it) and I think Samsung Push Services (Maybe, how do I turn that off?).

He forgot to mention that he is using the extended battery... makes a difference.
 
Hi guys, I unfortunately cracked my screen right before my next upgrade but want to sell the phone, do you guys think I should order a screen off ebay and fix it myself or sell it with the broken screen and fix it myself? Either way, what am I looking at getting?
 
Sadly, he screen is probably going to cost you what you can get for the phone if intact :cry:

I've ordered a legit screen off ebay for $70 before with all shipping and no taxes. I'm not sure if that would be worth it though. This sucks, worst feeling cracking a screen...
 
I've ordered a legit screen off ebay for $70 before with all shipping and no taxes. I'm not sure if that would be worth it though. This sucks, worst feeling cracking a screen...

So you are possibly looking at R900 for the screen. Hope you know how to fix it. I don't know how much you will be able to get for the phone - try OLX, BOB etc to see what others are asking for theirs
 
So you are possibly looking at R900 for the screen. Hope you know how to fix it. I don't know how much you will be able to get for the phone - try OLX, BOB etc to see what others are asking for theirs

Will have a look thanks, yeah it's not fun to fix but I know how.
 
Just wanna say thanks to kingrob. I got the Spanish Rom all set up and it is doing A LOT better than the UK rom when it comes to the battery. I have used it as much as I usually use my phone today and it has been 1 day,1 hour and I have 65% left on my battery, where with the UK rom, it would have been dead by now.

I am not saying the UK rom has a problem though, as I did a factory reset on this phone after I installed the Spanish Rom too, so it might have been an app that messed it all up. Whatever the case, it is working great now, so thanks again kingrob!
 
Just wanna say thanks to kingrob. I got the Spanish Rom all set up and it is doing A LOT better than the UK rom when it comes to the battery. I have used it as much as I usually use my phone today and it has been 1 day,1 hour and I have 65% left on my battery, where with the UK rom, it would have been dead by now.

I am not saying the UK rom has a problem though, as I did a factory reset on this phone after I installed the Spanish Rom too, so it might have been an app that messed it all up. Whatever the case, it is working great now, so thanks again kingrob!

Pleasure, Braclo.

Glad you're enjoying your S2! ;)

*There is definitely something wrong with the UK ROM, my phone just wasn't working well with that ROM.
 
I'm at it again... I stumbled upon Apollo kernel and now using pegasusq governer with sio scheduler and have at least 20% (rough guesstimate) better battery life.

I am using my phone much more as previously - especially phone calls and the 3G coverage is shocking where I am now. Both drain the battery life quite badly.

Before this kernel, I reached 30% by 5pm, now it is up - 50%. screen on time +- 3.5hrs and between 60-90 minutes talktime. This all on a 2000mAh battery.

I am using NeatRom Lite with Apollo Regular 4.9 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2291756

I miss the Siyah kernel days on ICS tremendously (2 days battery life) and PhilZ kernel on JB did not deliver as I wished it would. Apollo is very stable - I will be using this for the foreseeable future. If I find time to play, I will tweak it to see if I can get to 1.5 days with the heavy usage and crap 3G.
 
I'm at it again... I stumbled upon Apollo kernel and now using pegasusq governer with sio scheduler and have at least 20% (rough guesstimate) better battery life.

I am using my phone much more as previously - especially phone calls and the 3G coverage is shocking where I am now. Both drain the battery life quite badly.

Before this kernel, I reached 30% by 5pm, now it is up - 50%. screen on time +- 3.5hrs and between 60-90 minutes talktime. This all on a 2000mAh battery.

I am using NeatRom Lite with Apollo Regular 4.9 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2291756

I miss the Siyah kernel days on ICS tremendously (2 days battery life) and PhilZ kernel on JB did not deliver as I wished it would. Apollo is very stable - I will be using this for the foreseeable future. If I find time to play, I will tweak it to see if I can get to 1.5 days with the heavy usage and crap 3G.

That is some great battery life wow.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X