Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked this up in the S2 thread, dunno if it's been mentioned here before:
Jeez one thing I hate about Android is apps that just squat in dark corners of your phone. I installed Real Racing about a year ago, only today when I get a message telling me I'm out of space did I go digging. Real Racing was taking up over 2GB of space and wasn't even installed anymore!

Found this cool app to track down the culprits: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.diskusage&hl=en
 
Does anybody own the official Samsung extended battery kit? The 2000mAh one? Does it add a lot of weight and thickness? Can you tell the difference in you battery life with the extra 350mAh?

I want to get one maybe, but I have to ship it and it's going to be expensive. Was wondering if it's worth it.
 
Does anybody own the official Samsung extended battery kit? The 2000mAh one? Does it add a lot of weight and thickness? Can you tell the difference in you battery life with the extra 350mAh?

I want to get one maybe, but I have to ship it and it's going to be expensive. Was wondering if it's worth it.

The nicest thing about the extended battery is the new back cover you get with it.

The phone feels fantastic in your hand with the new cover + it completely covers and protects the camera lens glass when you put it on a table.

The extra 350mAh is definitely worth it, my phone lasts me one and a half days with normal use.

If you can get one, go for it.
 
The nicest thing about the extended battery is the new back cover you get with it.

The phone feels fantastic in your hand with the new cover + it completely covers and protects the camera lens glass when you put it on a table.

The extra 350mAh is definitely worth it, my phone lasts me one and a half days with normal use.

If you can get one, go for it.


Cool thanks for the info. I just bought a new standard battery, much better already. My battery was getting old. I have the white one though, I've read that the white cover doesn't sit well :(
 
Those of you on CM 10.1, please answer the following before I install:
1. Does it have auto record or any form of recording for voice calls built in?
2. Can I blacklist numbers from calling me (selected and private numbers)?
3. Can I blacklist numbers from sms'ing me?
4. Can I sort my apps in the app drawer to my liking? i.e. Put all my office apps on one page, put system apps on another page, root apps on yet another page, etc.
5. Does keeping the back button pressed close the current open app?
6. Does it have multi-window support?
 
Those of you on CM 10.1, please answer the following before I install:
1. Does it have auto record or any form of recording for voice calls built in?
2. Can I blacklist numbers from calling me (selected and private numbers)?
3. Can I blacklist numbers from sms'ing me?
4. Can I sort my apps in the app drawer to my liking? i.e. Put all my office apps on one page, put system apps on another page, root apps on yet another page, etc.
5. Does keeping the back button pressed close the current open app?
6. Does it have multi-window support?

sneaky... :-P... I love my Samsung based ROM. Flawless and awesome battery life and stability. Can go for weeks without reboot. AND with all above feature built in.

Running AllianceROM btw.
 
sneaky... :-P... I love my Samsung based ROM. Flawless and awesome battery life and stability. Can go for weeks without reboot. AND with all above feature built in.

Running AllianceROM btw.

Yeah... I am still on NeatRom Lite and I love the above features. So if CM doesn't have it, I doubt I will install it.
 
How often do you guys update to the new CM10.1 nightly's?

Updated to 20130715 last night and keep on getting mobile broadcast messages from MTN that I can't seem to disable. Force closing only works for a short while and I can't remove it from app manager. Any thoughts?
 
How often do you guys update to the new CM10.1 nightly's?

Updated to 20130715 last night and keep on getting mobile broadcast messages from MTN that I can't seem to disable. Force closing only works for a short while and I can't remove it from app manager. Any thoughts?

Just don't Panic Major ... :D (See what I did there?)

Use TB to freeze the "app" responsible for that. TB FTW!!!
 
Those of you on CM 10.1, please answer the following before I install:
1. Does it have auto record or any form of recording for voice calls built in?
2. Can I blacklist numbers from calling me (selected and private numbers)?
3. Can I blacklist numbers from sms'ing me?
4. Can I sort my apps in the app drawer to my liking? i.e. Put all my office apps on one page, put system apps on another page, root apps on yet another page, etc.
5. Does keeping the back button pressed close the current open app?
6. Does it have multi-window support?

1. Yes
2. Yes, not sure about private numbers though.
3. No, not from what I can see.
4. No, you have to install a launcher like Apex launcher. CM10.1 integrates it very nicely though in the system settings.
5. No
6. No

This is from what I've seen, I've only been using it a week. Ask DrJohnZoidberg for more assistance. It's a very clean and power saving ROM, I like it so far.

How often do you guys update to the new CM10.1 nightly's?

Updated to 20130715 last night and keep on getting mobile broadcast messages from MTN that I can't seem to disable. Force closing only works for a short while and I can't remove it from app manager. Any thoughts?

I just updated the other day for the GPS, but I'm probably only going to update if I find problems. Currently everything is running 100%.

This is hugely interesting. I actually did see it in the useful apps thread and it's gone now.

???

I'll ask rpm to have a look at it.

Strange :confused:
 
Does loading the ROM automatically root the phone as well? Where can I check to see if the phone is rooted?

I think you have CM installed - If so, then chances are you are rooted because CM has a modified kernel which enables admin rights for the user. There should be an app in your drawer called SuperSU or SuperUser.


No real need for this. But it is a cool app if someone is uncertain. Apps requiring root normally tells you if you are rooted or not.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X