Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You probably have an old sim card. I have the same issue, and from what I understand it is that the way JellyBean saves APNs is incompatible with older MTN simcards, and so you'll need to do a simswap, and that will cost R150.

Might sound silly, but did you tap on "Save APN"?

Normally the phone just reads the APN settings off your sim, but with MTN nothing works as it should....or you've got a very old sim card. :sick:

EDIT : I see Rudimental already suggested it. Was not trying to rub it in. ;)

Oh FFS...mo' money

Thanks guys
 
So do you think 4.1.2 will be the last official ROM that the S2 will get?

I also believe this will be the last. It's surprising that they even released it after all, considering that the deployment stared back in December 2012 for some countries. I am running Cyanogenmod 10.2 (which is Android 4.3), so it's not like it's a dead end though. Don't know why people still use stock ROMs, perhaps because of the Samsung developed features, such as Smart Stay, and so on...
 
I also believe this will be the last. It's surprising that they even released it after all, considering that the deployment stared back in December 2012 for some countries. I am running Cyanogenmod 10.2 (which is Android 4.3), so it's not like it's a dead end though. Don't know why people still use stock ROMs, perhaps because of the Samsung developed features, such as Smart Stay, and so on...

Yep, once you switch you'll always wonder why it took you so long. The Samsung features are pretty useless IMO.
 
Went to the MTN shop in Tyger Valley and was told I was the 4th person with this issue. New sim = R136

Now how do I get all my contacts from my old sim to my new sim?
 
Went to the MTN shop in Tyger Valley and was told I was the 4th person with this issue. New sim = R136

Now how do I get all my contacts from my old sim to my new sim?

Flash ICS again, copy all contacts to phone (keep them there), chuck in new sim and flash JB again
 
excuse the stupid question, but what is "Flash"?


236px-Barryallen-kitson.JPG
 
You could also just put your sim in another phone, export those with whatever feature that phone provides and then import them to the new sim. Why you would have to do this I don't know because your contacts should be stored in the cloud as Google does this automatically when you sign in to your account if I'm not mistaken.
 
I am SO cheesed off right now!

SwiftKey refuses to install my language packs & now I am stuck with the gawd awful stock JellyBean keyboard.

It is just...a bummer.
 
You could also just put your sim in another phone, export those with whatever feature that phone provides and then import them to the new sim. Why you would have to do this I don't know because your contacts should be stored in the cloud as Google does this automatically when you sign in to your account if I'm not mistaken.

Better yet, store your contacts in Google. No hassle ever needed again.
 
I am SO cheesed off right now!

SwiftKey refuses to install my language packs & now I am stuck with the gawd awful stock JellyBean keyboard.

It is just...a bummer.

That's strange, I ran the official Jelly Bean ROM with SwiftKey and had no problem. Try to reinstall it? Goodness, good luck with the stock keyboard, it feels like the stone-age to me after SwiftKey.
 
That's strange, I ran the official Jelly Bean ROM with SwiftKey and had no problem. Try to reinstall it? Goodness, good luck with the stock keyboard, it feels like the stone-age to me after SwiftKey.

I fixed it now! :)

Seems SwiftKey first wants you to run setup before making it the default keyboard.

I stopped the app, cleared all data and disabled it. Then opened the app via the app drawer and ran the setup again.

Must agree with you, the stock keyboard feels cheap and nasty compared to SwiftKey. :love:

Now I can't stop playing with Flow. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X