Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. Well I like being able to (from sleep) click & then hold the home button, to turn on the torch. And being able to choose and arrange the widget buttons (wifi, data, bluetooth, wifi hotspot etc)

In CM10.2, under lock screen, choose button action and set it up there.
 
What is a good new fast responsive stable ROM?

I am having a very bad time with Omega v23. It is freezing solidly frequently. Maybe it is a background app, but I'm not aware of any that I installed or are running.

wait.. what!??

Im runnong Omega v23 on my phone and the wifes and its rock stable. What kernel are you running? Quite possible that something you got running/mod you made is causing tit to crash
 
My HTC Desire S' battery died on me and a friend was kind enough to lend me his unused GS2 until I can upgrade. I'm running stock Android 2.3.3 at the moment and was wondering if there's an official update to that?

If not, can anyone recommend a fast, stable, ICS or JB ROM?
 
My HTC Desire S' battery died on me and a friend was kind enough to lend me his unused GS2 until I can upgrade. I'm running stock Android 2.3.3 at the moment and was wondering if there's an official update to that?

If not, can anyone recommend a fast, stable, ICS or JB ROM?

Ouch. You could just upgrade to the official stock 4.1.2 JB ROM that was released a few days ago - you could do this through the phone (OTA, although not too sure if it's wise to do this coming from such an old firmware) or download and install through Odin, the firmware can be found on Sammobile.com.
 
I use the Samsung 3x4 keyboard, when typing something like "Moon" the refresh rate before typing the next character is very slow compared to ICS, how can I speed that gap before it allows the next character up?
 
Last edited:
Ouch. You could just upgrade to the official stock 4.1.2 JB ROM that was released a few days ago - you could do this through the phone (OTA, although not too sure if it's wise to do this coming from such an old firmware) or download and install through Odin, the firmware can be found on Sammobile.com.

Thanks. I tried the "software update" function, but nothing. Any specific region I should look to download the JB Rom for?
 
Thanks. I tried the "software update" function, but nothing. Any specific region I should look to download the JB Rom for?

What provider you with?

Here is the list of available images for SA:

Screenshot%20from%202013-08-20%2011%3A30%3A34.png
 
Vodacom

Could you share the URL you took that Screenshot from?

->

Ouch. You could just upgrade to the official stock 4.1.2 JB ROM that was released a few days ago - you could do this through the phone (OTA, although not too sure if it's wise to do this coming from such an old firmware) or download and install through Odin, the firmware can be found on Sammobile.com.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X