Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate that Business Call contract. At least there's some data this time. Do they have any contracts on display with the Sensation?
Because it's on business call doesn't mean you have o take a business call contract does it?
 
Last edited:
Pay in is better than being on a contract that's useless to your needs in my opinion. Wonder is they'll be able to help me today. Leaving the city tonight and doubt if a small town shop will be able to help.
 
Pay in is better than being on a contract that's useless to your needs in my opinion. Wonder is they'll be able to help me today. Leaving the city tonight and doubt if a small town shop will be able to help.

It's always worth a try. Sometimes the staff in these stores is the problem because they don't actually know what they do/don't have in stock. Most times they have the phone but I have no clue that what you're asking for.

When my bro got his Desire, the saleman had no clue what the Desire was and insisted they had no stock. He refused to leave until he got the salesperson to check the PC while he could look as well and TAADAA! Desire was on the system and in stock :-/
 
Pay in is better than being on a contract that's useless to your needs in my opinion. Wonder is they'll be able to help me today. Leaving the city tonight and doubt if a small town shop will be able to help.

+1

the smart 120 might be a good contract at vc...
 
Oh I forgot to say that the phone is a Vodacom branded one. I think that will pose an issue to rooting if I remember correctly?
 
Oh I forgot to say that the phone is a Vodacom branded one. I think that will pose an issue to rooting if I remember correctly?

Not really. Rooting the phone and loading a custom ROM are two different issues. Rooting just gives you admin access. Loading a custom ROM is another matter.
 
I really cannot understand why Vodacom insist on putting smartphones on business call contracts.
 
Not really. Rooting the phone and loading a custom ROM are two different issues. Rooting just gives you admin access. Loading a custom ROM is another matter.

Then I probably got confused with the two. Merc, you mentioned you can backup your existing Android ROM and restore it later should you need to send the phone in for repairs. Which app does this? Titanium backup? Also, are you familiar with resetting the counter as well? I don't have the time to read up much anymore. My GF assigned me a quota for how much time I can spend with my phone at night as last night I almost never spoke to her.:o So ya, I have to wait for the weekend to get some real playing done. I'm also way too busy at work to read up about these things.
 
Last edited:
Then I probably got confused with the two. Merc, you mentioned you can backup your existing Android ROM and restore it later should you need to send the phone in for repairs. Which app does this? Titanium backup? Also, are you familiar with resetting the counter as well? I don't have the time to read up much anymore. My BF assigned me a quota for how much time I can spend with my phone at night as last night I almost never spoke to her.:o So ya, I have to wait for the weekend to get some real playing done. I'm also way too busy at work to read up about these things.

Hehe, no problem. Basically, you need to root the phone first. This gives you admin rights. Then you need to load a custom recovery. This basically allows you to backup/restore new ROMs and other zip files. Once you have this, you can backup your current ROM, install a new one and then revert back to the old one if need be by using the custom recovery.
 
Hehe, no problem. Basically, you need to root the phone first. This gives you admin rights. Then you need to load a custom recovery. This basically allows you to backup/restore new ROMs and other zip files. Once you have this, you can backup your current ROM, install a new one and then revert back to the old one if need be by using the custom recovery.

MY bad, meant my GF. LOL. Yep, I know about needing root access. Which custom recovery do you use? CWM? Won't they be able to pick up that the custom recovery is installed?
 
was at vc canal walk now. they don't have stock yet. but bayside just phoned me to let me know they have one for me :D

on talk 120s for R300/month there is a R2699k pay in
on smart 120 for R450/month there is a R2069 pay in
 
That is similar to what I had to pay in on Talk 120S. I would advise that you rather take the Talk120s and buy adhoc bundles. R289 for 1.2gb which will last two months (provided you buy it in the beginning of the month.)
 
Guys the Sunday Times had a competition to win a Galaxy S2...the competition is closed now :(
 
MY bad, meant my GF. LOL. Yep, I know about needing root access. Which custom recovery do you use? CWM? Won't they be able to pick up that the custom recovery is installed?

Well it will probably be different since the Galaxy SII is a new phone. I currently have a HTC phone that runs Amon-RA recovery, but it might not be compatible with the SII. We'll have to check out XDA to see what will work with it.
I doubt they wil do that. I'm sure you can get the original recovery and back that up somewhere, so that you can just re-install that later if need be. You can get that from the RUU ROM that the service providers will have.
 
Last edited:
Vodaworld has confirmed that they will be getting stock tomorrow for the galaxy s2 just hope that come to Pass, and that the info given to me is correct.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X