Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Business doesn't have any minutes bundled with it right? Calls are cheaper per minute though.
Still a crazy pay-in on that contract.

Yeah, you don't get any free minutes on a business contract....call are just a bit cheaper.

I'm seriously considering porting to CellC, think they have the SGS2 for R280 a month (not sure how many free sms + airtime you get) with no pay-in. Was concerned about my dual sim, but I see they offer it as well. Maybe time to wave goodbye to ol' expensive big red.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch!!! Are you nuts?

The day my iPhone contract expired, I changed it to a Talk75, added 100 sms bundle and buy once-off data bundles.

You can get the Samsung Galaxy S now for R145 a month from CellC, or the Samsung Galaxy S2 for R280 from CellC or R320 from Virgin Mobile (looks like a great deal, except the fact that it's Virgin Mobile).

I expect Vodacom to do what they do best - rape the customer with their super expensive pricing, so don't get your hope up. MTN is still figuring out what the Galaxy S2 is.

The difference is I am still using the phone on a daily basis and could not be bothered with having to figure out how to load data bundles. Will soon know how deep the screws will go with Vodacom.
 
Cost? What contract?

I just spoke to our corporate account mgr and this is nowhere to be found on the MTN system yet? (Are you sure it was the S2? ;-))

+1

I have been calling and nagging MTN employees all over the place and they don't even have it on their system yet (that's what they've all told me) and that I should only expect the GS2 and the HTC Sensation between July and September. Great.

If you're telling the truth I am driving around all day tomorrow to upgrade mine.
 
Yeah, you don't get any free minutes on a business contract....call are just a bit cheaper.

I'm seriously considering porting to CellC, think they have the SGS2 for R280 a month (not sure how many free sms + airtime you get) with no pay-in. Was concerned about my dual sim, but I see they offer it as well. Maybe time to wave goodbye to ol' expensive big red.

They have it already?
 
I spoke to MTN retentions 2 days ago. They told me last they heard is that it is coming out with the next new deals, current deals end on 16 July, so lets hope this is correct.
 
Awesome guys! I see the official SGS2 thread starting soon. :) You are going to love this phone!
 
SGS2 special at vodacom shop - free on business call for R329 p.m. and 110mb of data for 3 months
 
Hey guys

Does anyone know the pay in for a vodacom business call R185/month contract. Im due for an upgrade.
 
SGS2 special at vodacom shop - free on business call for R329 p.m. and 110mb of data for 3 months

Business Call is the most useless contract from Vodacom.

You don't get any free minutes...oh, hang one, 110MB for 3 months!...wow ....so, you're basically just paying for the phone.

Rather get a Talk or Topup contract where you get something with the phone.
 
Hi Guys

Does anyone know of a good case for the S2

I havent started using min yet because it doesnt have a case as yet. I tried to order from the SGP store but it has issues with my credit card.

Do you know of any local places which stock good cases and screen protectors.

Lol ... I have been anxious since yesterday to start using the phone, but i keep it at home for now in case it gets scratched in my pocket or gets dropped.

Besides that everyone wants to have a look and I rather have a case and protector before using it.

If possible, lease provide links to where I can get a case and protector.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X