Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I've ordered my accessories from exportprive.com.

1 SDKMSDHC32 SanDisk Micro SDHC Class 2 – 32GB (TransFlash) 85.03$ 85.03$
1 SSGMHLADGS2 Samsung MHL Adaptor to HDMI Output for Galaxy S II i9100 33.12$ 33.12$
1 SGPNHGS2RD SGP Neo Hybrid Silicone Case / Bumper for Galaxy S II i9100 [Dante Red] 24.61$ 24.61$

I dunno how I managed this, but, my shipping came out to $0.
YES, THATS ZERO AMERICAN DOLLAZ :)

I've heard people from other forums say they dont like the original samsung mesh cover: it doesnt cover the top & bottom of the SGSii..., IF the sgsii drops, it just "pops" out of the mesh cover.... etc etc etc
Which is why I never went with it.

I still don't have my SGSii, MTN says I'll get it delivered this coming week or next week, since I'm only eligable for an upgrade the week of the 25 July 11...
Hope fully the accessories come in that duration :)

This usb jig thingamajig, surely there's no reason to purchase that?
Surely the sgsii will be rootable via the key combinations? I dunno much about android, since I'm upgrading from my Nokia N97....

Cheers
D

Which delivery method did they offer you on their site? They only allow me to choose the expensive option. I wanted to choose a cheaper delivery method. I wanted to ororder the SGP Ultra oleophobic screen protector. It's $11 on their site but the delivery is gonna cost $30. That's too much.
PS: I seemed to have gotten my money back from sgpstore.com.
 
I have my phone for almost a week now. I upgraded from a nokia and dont really know much about android and rooting the phone etc.


I read about people wanting to root the phone. What are the benefits?

I know that i would be too nervous to try this out on a new phone and void the warranty.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MyBroadband Android App
 
I have my phone for almost a week now. I upgraded from a nokia and dont really know much about android and rooting the phone etc.


I read about people wanting to root the phone. What are the benefits?

I know that i would be too nervous to try this out on a new phone and void the warranty.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MyBroadband Android App

Rooting gives you admin access. Allows you to run certain apps that require those admin rights and allows you to install custom ROMs.
 
Which delivery method did they offer you on their site? They only allow me to choose the expensive option. I wanted to choose a cheaper delivery method. I wanted to ororder the SGP Ultra oleophobic screen protector. It's $11 on their site but the delivery is gonna cost $30. That's too much.
PS: I seemed to have gotten my money back from sgpstore.com.

Umm, I think it only gave me 1 option too.
The thing is, I first chose the Neo Hybrid, then "checked out" but continued shopping... I then opened another tab, cause I wanted to see what else I could buy, and just kept on adding items, lastly I removed items that I thought I could buy at a later stage, and checked out with the 3 items listed in my post... EDIT: I really wanted to get that desk docking, but its an item I can get later...

Gave me this options: Shipping via Express Mail Service Prenium (EMS)
which is DHL shipping... I then proceeded an boom, last page I get no shipping, and _TOTAL_ cost came out to $142.76, which I payed via CC, worked out to R 950.21...
As I said, dunno how it happened, but sure as hell I'm not gonna complain or ask them why it happened... :) (yes, if my order doesn't come thou, I will have to query it, lol)
 
Last edited:
Umm, I think it only gave me 1 option too.
The thing is, I first chose the Neo Hybrid, then "checked out" but continued shopping... I then opened another tab, cause I wanted to see what else I could buy, and just kept on adding items, lastly I removed items that I thought I could buy at a later stage, and checked out with the 3 items listed in my post... EDIT: I really wanted to get that desk docking, but its an item I can get later...

Gave me this options: Shipping via Express Mail Service Prenium (EMS)
which is DHL shipping... I then proceeded an boom, last page I get no shipping, and _TOTAL_ cost came out to $142.76, which I payed via CC, worked out to R 950.21...
As I said, dunno how it happened, but sure as hell I'm not gonna complain or ask them why it happened... :) (yes, if my order doesn't come thou, I will have to query it, lol)

Okay cool, thanks :)
 
So the price I was given on upgrade for the s2 is R430pm on the talk 240 with a R2500 payin so the grand total comes to R12820. :sick: Owell I will have to bite the bullet.
 
Just bought a case from a guy on gumtree for my sgs2 R50 works fine ....guys in durban he gives u screen protector to http://durban.gumtree.co.za/c-Stuff...9100-Galaxy-S-II-Galaxy-S2-W0QQAdIdZ286099635 his name is faisal he only has one left Tel. 083301 7865
if any one is interested

Seems like a good tempory solution till i get my sgp case delivered to me.

I would go for it, but had some really bad experiences using gumtree. Dont really trust most of the advertisers on the site.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MyBroadband Android App
 
its fine fits ok ..just wanted it to protect the phone if it falls . not gonna put the screen protectors on certainly worth R50
 
Last edited:
Can anyone confirm that the SA gs2 comes with route66, SA maps and 2 years subs for live traffic?
 
Well, when my jig arrives, I would be more than willing to lend it out to anyone that needs it in the JHB/Eastrand area.

OK, now being an Android noob... what do you guys use for playing your Windows shared files over Wi-Fi?
I have tried "AndSMB", which is great for browsing network files, but you need to save the file to internal/SD memory before playing the file.
On my Touch HD I could use "HTC Network Plugin", which worked great.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X