Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone told me that charging via usb makes their battery last longer as well.

That is some really impressive battery life! Is that with the stock xxkg1/2 or with those samsung apps removed/frozen as well?

Sent from my Galaxy S II

I havent even taken the wall charger out of the box yet haha.

Thats half kg1 rest kg2. Im still not rooted though so no removed bloatware as of yet.

I feel i want my jigg before rooting because knowing me im going to go crazy once im rooted but just cant stand waiting anymore.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MyBroadband Android App
 
Last edited:
10 is two is it not? :D

Was that sarcastic? hehe i can never tell :)

but if not, then no, not the same... Transfer/data speeds come into place.

From wiki:

Class Speed
SDHC Speed Class 2.svg Class 2 2 MB/s
SDHC Speed Class 4.svg Class 4 4 MB/s
SDHC Speed Class 6.svg Class 6 6 MB/s
SDHC Speed Class 10.svg Class 10 10 MB/

Cheers
D
 
Now we wait :mad:

12 Clearance delay JOHANNESBURG - SOUTH AFRICA 07:32

11 Processed for clearance at JOHANNESBURG - SOUTH AFRICA JOHANNESBURG - SOUTH AFRICA 07:32

10 Arrived at Sort Facility JOHANNESBURG - SOUTH AFRICA JOHANNESBURG - SOUTH AFRICA 06:4
 
I havent even taken the wall charger out of the box yet haha.

Thats half kg1 rest kg2. Im still not rooted though so no removed bloatware as of yet.

I think I should start charging my phone via USB and see if it makes a difference. I'm going to remove the bloatware after trying out the USB charger.

Was that sarcastic?

10 is 2 in binary. :)
 
flip i wonder where Wag is maybe he mite help

14 Departed Facility in JOHANNESBURG - SOUTH AFRICA JOHANNESBURG - SOUTH AFRICA 09:49

13 Processed at JOHANNESBURG - SOUTH AFRICA JOHANNESBURG - SOUTH AFRICA 09:43

12 Clearance delay JOHANNESBURG - SOUTH AFRICA 07:32

11 Processed for clearance at JOHANNESBURG - SOUTH AFRICA JOHANNESBURG - SOUTH AFRICA 07:32

10 Arrived at Sort Facility JOHANNESBURG - SOUTH AFRICA JOHANNESBURG - SOUTH AFRICA 06:43
 
Hey guys.

Need some help!

I was playing with a friend's Galaxy S2 (drooooooooooooooooooool) but I noticed something that's a bit of an issue for me.

When you read sms's, that green/blue chat bubble type view.. on the S1 one can double tap (I think) the SMS and then magnify it. I can't seem to do this on the S2. It's a little feature I liked on the S1, when I need to jot down info, like my banking OTP or some IP addresses and such, it's nice to put the handset down on the desk and enlarge that text.

I don't own either phones, so I can't get around to testing much more. But I know it's available on the S1, as I played with another friend's S1 for quite a few hours.

Any suggestions for that?

Would also be nice to enlarge sending text size, getting older, eyes aren't as good as they used to be :P
 
Seems like my device went trough without going to customs as they regarded the item as of no value damn i just hope DHL don't take it back to customs please please please let this be my lucky day please.


15 Arrived at Delivery Facility in JOHANNESBURG - SOUTH AFRICA JOHANNESBURG - SOUTH AFRICA 10:17

14 Departed Facility in JOHANNESBURG - SOUTH AFRICA JOHANNESBURG - SOUTH AFRICA 09:49

13 Processed at JOHANNESBURG - SOUTH AFRICA JOHANNESBURG - SOUTH AFRICA 09:43

12 Clearance delay JOHANNESBURG - SOUTH AFRICA 07:32

11 Processed for clearance at JOHANNESBURG - SOUTH AFRICA JOHANNESBURG - SOUTH AFRICA 07:32

10 Arrived at Sort Facility JOHANNESBURG - SOUTH AFRICA
 
My Neo Hybrid case arrived today. That is exactly 2 weeks, ordered from gutkoreainc (ebay), and delivered via Standard Int'l Postage. Very nice case.
Hopefully my jig will arrive shortly as well.
 
I've noticed that with the KG1 firmware, my "Android System" process is using 31% of my battery. That is high. I'm not impressed with this firmware at all.
 
My Neo Hybrid case arrived today. That is exactly 2 weeks, ordered from gutkoreainc (ebay), and delivered via Standard Int'l Postage. Very nice case.
Hopefully my jig will arrive shortly as well.

Good to hear that you finally got yours! Less than a week to go for me then.
 
I've noticed that with the KG1 firmware, my "Android System" process is using 31% of my battery. That is high. I'm not impressed with this firmware at all.

Mine's on 10%. But I froze a few Samsung apps like the social hub apps and software update
 
Mine's on 10%. But I froze a few Samsung apps like the social hub apps and software update

Now that is how it is supposed to be. Mine was never this high on the stock KE7. I'm going to freeze them for sure. I'm thinking of first flashing the KG2 update and then freezing all of them. I was even contemplating reverting to KE7 and modding that ROM since I root all the ROMs I install.
 
Guys that got a Neo Hybid, did you all get a camera protector in the box? The contents description on sgpstore.com shows that there should have been one, but I didn't get it.

When I installed the screen protector, I got a little spec of dust just above the screen, but managed to lift the corner with some scotch tape, used another piece to nap the lil' sucker, and stuck the corner back perfectly :D
 
Now that is how it is supposed to be. Mine was never this high on the stock KE7. I'm going to freeze them for sure. I'm thinking of first flashing the KG2 update and then freezing all of them. I was even contemplating reverting to KE7 and modding that ROM since I root all the ROMs I install.

What's the difference between KG1 and KG2? Still kinda new to this
 
Does the GS2 have dvb-h? For example the Nokia N8 is dvb ready, but you need that special headset.
 


Here is a screenshot of my battery usage for a full cycle, the battery is at 2%. I am on stock 2.3.4 KG2. I'm charging my phone via USB now and will post another image when this cycle is complete (Fully charged and fully depleted). So for me this looks very good, no complaints. Next I'm going to root the phone and remove all the crapware, hopefully seeing even better battery life.

Also waiting for my Neo hybrid (Yellow) and USB Jigg, ordered around the same time you did Swift. Keeping my phone in one of my gf's makeup type bags, so so gay but it works.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X