Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally received my sgp neo hybrid case for my phone. Wow what an amazing case. I ordered mine in black. It doesnt make the phone look cuc at all.

I installed my screen protector properly without any bubbles or dust. If you are thinking about one of these then please do so. Its probably the best case out there right now. It costs a bit more....but i rather have peace of mind knowing that my phone is safe.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MyBroadband Android App
 
will do. just have to say, battery life today was much better. before 2.3.4 my battery was nearly empty by after about 5 hour. today going 12 hours and got 35% left.
So will see how KG2 improves. Got wifi on permanently 'cause virgin still hasn't sorted out my 3G yet
 
Did you get the little protector for the camera lens?
I also got mine in black.

I finally received my sgp neo hybrid case for my phone. Wow what an amazing case. I ordered mine in black. It doesnt make the phone look cuc at all.

I installed my screen protector properly without any bubbles or dust. If you are thinking about one of these then please do so. Its probably the best case out there right now. It costs a bit more....but i rather have peace of mind knowing that my phone is safe.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MyBroadband Android App
 
Did you get the little protector for the camera lens?
I also got mine in black.

Nope, no camera lens protector, don't think you get one with the crystal ultra clear...

[EDIT]:

from the sgp site:

Features
• Slim and form fitted to show the perfect shape of your device.
• Easy access to all control and ports.
• Available in 8 Colors.
• Ultra Crystal screen Protector included (1PC)
• Made in Korea

Includes

Neo Hybrid Case for Samsung Galaxy S2

Mine didn't even come with the squeegee, but me thinks that if we had to buy the original crystal ultra clear package from SGP or wherever, we would have gotten the lens protector and squeegee as well...
 
Last edited:
Still waiting for mine. Damn thing is taking too long

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MyBroadband Android App
 
Wifi works fine i have been using my house wifi ever since i got the phone no issues at all

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MyBroadband Android App
 
onaz, remeber to "condition" the battery... hehe, most people just like to play with their new devices and forget to "condition" the battery...
how do you like the SGS2? hehe
 
Nope, no camera lens protector, don't think you get one with the crystal ultra clear...

[EDIT]:

from the sgp site:

Features
• Slim and form fitted to show the perfect shape of your device.
• Easy access to all control and ports.
• Available in 8 Colors.
• Ultra Crystal screen Protector included (1PC)
• Made in Korea

Includes

Neo Hybrid Case for Samsung Galaxy S2

Mine didn't even come with the squeegee, but me thinks that if we had to buy the original crystal ultra clear package from SGP or wherever, we would have gotten the lens protector and squeegee as well...
I bought the Ultra Crystal Screen Protector on its own from gutkoreainc on Ebay... got the squeegee, but no lens protector... actually got 2 screen protectors in the pack. Will use the 2nd one soon enough as I struggled a bit with bubbles and dust on my first attempt.
 
ok, guys that have rooted and/or flashed their ROMs...
to a COMPLETE noob like me (probably others as well), is there a guide to follow to root & flash?
I know someone posted a link about the new 2.3.4 KG2, but Im lost, hehe.

I'm actually lost on the following:

my about phone settings says this --> Model number: GT-I9100, Android Version: 2.3.3, Baseband Version: I9100XXKE7, Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7-I9100XWKF3-CL276555, Build Number: GINGERBREAD.XWKF3
and when i do the *#1234#, I get the following --> PDA: I9100XWKF3, PHONE: I9100XXKE7, CSC: I9100OJCKE1, Build Info: Thu Jun 9 18:16:44 KST 2011

Now on that link about ROM 2.3.4, its says XXKG2, would that matter for the above? I mean, we all in South Africa, surely the KG2 is some other countries code no?
I also read, that its non-wipe, does that mean my data/files/messages/apps/email whatever will still be there on the phone?

[EDIT]: I've got Titanium Backup Pro installed, but because its not root, I can't backup... lol
PS I do have a USB Jig as well ;)

Like I said, I'm a complete noob at Android... Coming from previously Nokia N97... LOL

Cheers
D
 
Last edited:
No. I didnt get the camera protector. The case is slightly raised.so the camera doesnt touch anything.. You might need to get a generic protector and cut out a little piece for the camera.

Did you get the little protector for the camera lens?
I also got mine in black.



Sent from my GT-I9100 using MyBroadband Android App
 
onaz, remeber to "condition" the battery... hehe, most people just like to play with their new devices and forget to "condition" the battery...
how do you like the SGS2? hehe

Samsung Galaxy SII = GOD DEVICE

Condition ??:confused:
 
ok, guys that have rooted and/or flashed their ROMs...
to a COMPLETE noob like me (probably others as well), is there a guide to follow to root & flash?
I know someone posted a link about the new 2.3.4 KG2, but Im lost, hehe.

I'm actually lost on the following:

my about phone settings says this --> Model number: GT-I9100, Android Version: 2.3.3, Baseband Version: I9100XXKE7, Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7-I9100XWKF3-CL276555, Build Number: GINGERBREAD.XWKF3
and when i do the *#1234#, I get the following --> PDA: I9100XWKF3, PHONE: I9100XXKE7, CSC: I9100OJCKE1, Build Info: Thu Jun 9 18:16:44 KST 2011

Now on that link about ROM 2.3.4, its says XXKG2, would that matter for the above? I mean, we all in South Africa, surely the KG2 is some other countries code no?
I also read, that its non-wipe, does that mean my data/files/messages/apps/email whatever will still be there on the phone?

[EDIT]: I've got Titanium Backup Pro installed, but because its not root, I can't backup... lol
PS I do have a USB Jig as well ;)

Like I said, I'm a complete noob at Android... Coming from previously Nokia N97... LOL

Cheers
D

Use this link http://www.multiupload.com/9SY9CKXAWB to download KG2 2.3.4. KG2 is the new firmware version or w/e of 2.3.4 it doesnt have anything to do with country. What is unique to country's is the CSC.

Flash it via ODIN and put this file in the PDA section of ODIN. Turn phone off and put in your jig to enter download mode, remove Jig, connect phone to PC and flash - done. The link I provided doesn't wipe your phone but do a back up just in case. Use MyBackup for backup of system settings/files and apps.

If you flash this firmware as I have you will not be able to install new firmware via Kies but Kies sucks and ODIN rocks so just manually update your firmware with this method from now on, no need to wait for firmware to be released. We are waiting for South Africa's stock firmware to be released by Intratech. This containts our OJCKE1 CSC but dont worry the Multi CSC works just fine.

Hope I helped
 
Turn phone off and put in your jig to enter download mode, remove Jig, connect phone to PC and flash.

Or press Home + Volume Down and Power to enter download mode. Don't forget to press Volume Up to continue into download mode.

@CodeMaster and Flikka: I'm on 1 day and 10 hours now and at 30% battery. My display has been on for 2.5 hours. My phone seems to have been "awake" the whole night. I'm going to freeze the samsung apps today and see if it makes a big difference. One thing that I do at night is turn off my data connection to save power and to prevent FB and the other apps from pulling information and notifying me during the night.
 
One of the first apps I installed was NetCounter. Found out yesterday that it was keeping the phone awake randomly (seems to start when I move from wifi to cell data). Nuked it, and so far so good!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X