Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Swift-wp mmmm what do you mean by rooted , does that apply to the new galaxy s2?, cause with the old galaxy s and a couple of my friend's galaxy tabs worked without the device being rooted.

In the past the phone had to be rooted to install Brut. It could have changed in the last few versions.
 
Ok i am starting to regret choosing a cheaper shipping option for the SGP Samsung Galaxy S2 Case Neo Hybrid, the damn thing was shipped last week Monday and still hasn't reached its destination.:wtf:
 
Ok i am starting to regret choosing a cheaper shipping option for the SGP Samsung Galaxy S2 Case Neo Hybrid, the damn thing was shipped last week Monday and still hasn't reached its destination.:wtf:

Me too. I can see two very fine scratches on my display.
 
I wish there was a way to sync this on web, or better sync with my Google Maps. I have lots of my favourites on Google Maps already and now I have to start from scratch to create favs on this Route 66.

I cant wait for the Google Maps Navigation to launch in SA.

You can try My Tracks in Android Market.

My Tracks allows you to record and share your GPS tracks, including statistics. Use My Tracks while you run, bike, hike, drive or do anything else outdoors, and it will use the GPS sensor in your phone to record the path you took. It will also gather useful statistics such as time, speed, distance, and elevation. You can review all of this data live, or you can save it for use later. While you're out, you can mark relevant waypoints, and can ask to hear automatic voice announcements about your progress.

My Tracks can share your track data:
- As a GPX, TCX, KML, or CSV file
- Using Google Maps, Google Docs, or Google Fusion Tables
- Via Twitter or Facebook

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MyBroadband Android App
 
I'm thinking of updating to 2.3.4. Is there anyway I can backup my current rom?

I made a Nandroid backup using the CWM Kernel found in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1118693. I used this kernel instead of the CF Root one, because it doesn't have root, so my ROM will still be stock and not have the extra apps installed which is bundled with the CF root one.

I haven't tried to restore it yet, so I can't comment on how it works. CodeMaster has asked for the stock firmware on XDA (PDA, Phone and CSC), so hopefully Intratech will upload it for us soon. When we get that, we don't have to worry about backups anymore.
 
If you are using My Tracks, remember to switch your data off.

It will still record your path and when done, connect to wi-fi and you will see your path in Google Maps.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MyBroadband Android App
 
OMFG day 2 and theres a scratch on my screen WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!! My SGS2 box had a big ass sticker on the back so I cannot confirm gorilla glass, i have read that vodaphone has been shipping some devices without gorilla glass, can you guys check your sgs2 box to see if you got gorilla glass? Jussis im so pissed off i could cry!! Also, to those who got their SGP Samsung Galaxy S2 Case Neo Hybrid Series from the SGPstore, how long did it take to get here, i cannot track mine and its been 14 days...


:'(
 
OMFG day 2 and theres a scratch on my screen WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!! My SGS2 box had a big ass sticker on the back so I cannot confirm gorilla glass, i have read that vodaphone has been shipping some devices without gorilla glass, can you guys check your sgs2 box to see if you got gorilla glass? Jussis im so pissed off i could cry!! Also, to those who got their SGP Samsung Galaxy S2 Case Neo Hybrid Series from the SGPstore, how long did it take to get here, i cannot track mine and its been 14 days...


:'(

Are you serious dude wtf , its not even a month old , well i still have my phone on route since i got it imported from the uk so i m not sure about the vodacom one,
 
hey guys.

I got a friend heading through Bangkok International quite soon and I might ask him to pickup the phone there in Duty Free for me.
Does anyone know whether the phone from that area of the planet will work in SA? Are there even different versions worldwide now?

Thanks,
Cuan
 
Cool Samsung Galaxy SII advert

[video=youtube;zyMfpJh3h4A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyMfpJh3h4A&feature=autoshare[/video]
 
hey guys.

I got a friend heading through Bangkok International quite soon and I might ask him to pickup the phone there in Duty Free for me.
Does anyone know whether the phone from that area of the planet will work in SA? Are there even different versions worldwide now?

Thanks,
Cuan

If I'm correct the phone just has to be unlocked for it to work anywhere in the world
 
Been waiting for this phone, but MTN dissapointing with their R339 10MB offer...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X