Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehehe, yeah I know. kingrob will have all his S2's till the day he dies. He probably has the sealed one locked up in a safety deposit box at an undisclosed location.

But I would have loved to see his comments when asked to flog one...
I assume he frequents this thread? Slightly off topic, but I think the most valuable sealed in box phone you can get must be the Nokia 3310...hell, even without the packaging it will still survive a nuke or two...
 
I assume he frequents this thread? Slightly off topic, but I think the most valuable sealed in box phone you can get must be the Nokia 3310...hell, even without the packaging it will still survive a nuke or two...

Thou shall not mention inferior phones in the S2 thread. Punishable by death.

You are new... 1st warning :mad:
 
Inferior phone? You must mean superior weapon! And paperweight, too...

And as long as that death doesn't involve being bludgeoned to death by a Nok...I mean, a certain Finnish cellular phone company's product, I'm quite chilled :p

So I'm new here...where do I get my complementary S2? I'll root it as soon as I get it, I promise!
 
Inferior phone? You must mean superior weapon! And paperweight, too...

And as long as that death doesn't involve being bludgeoned to death by a Nok...I mean, a certain Finnish cellular phone company's product, I'm quite chilled :p

So I'm new here...where do I get my complementary S2? I'll root it as soon as I get it, I promise!

To get your complimentary phone, just pm rpm or Ockie
 
@Maverick, is there some ritual I need to do or rite of passage I need to complete before I become a worthy owner? I had a Samsung Galaxy Tab before it got stolen...surely that must earn me some brownie points at least? :love:

The S2 was a special beast... it chooses you...

Hehehe, yeah I know. kingrob will have all his S2's till the day he dies. He probably has the sealed one locked up in a safety deposit box at an undisclosed location.

But I would have loved to see his comments when asked to flog one...

He could get a pretty penny for one- what with all of them having the extended batteries and 64GB SD cards... a true connoisseur :)
 
Finally took the plunge and loaded CM10.1. Thanks for the links and recommendations and advice.
Loving it - should have done it ages ago! At least I get to enjoy it for a month or so until I get my new phone

Now to play around with themes and such :)
 
Jeez one thing I hate about Android is apps that just squat in dark corners of your phone. I installed Real Racing about a year ago, only today when I get a message telling me I'm out of space did I go digging. Real Racing was taking up over 2GB of space and wasn't even installed anymore!

Found this cool app to track down the culprits: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.diskusage&hl=en
 
Finally took the plunge and loaded CM10.1. Thanks for the links and recommendations and advice.
Loving it - should have done it ages ago! At least I get to enjoy it for a month or so until I get my new phone

Now to play around with themes and such :)

Pleasure, glad you're enjoying it! I just got it a week ago and I'm really impress. Feels like a new phone again. I wouldn't even bother upgrading now. Bought a new battery last night as well. What phone are you getting?
 
Jeez one thing I hate about Android is apps that just squat in dark corners of your phone. I installed Real Racing about a year ago, only today when I get a message telling me I'm out of space did I go digging. Real Racing was taking up over 2GB of space and wasn't even installed anymore!

Found this cool app to track down the culprits: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.diskusage&hl=en

Very nice, just checked it out. My biggest app is Chrome, 80Mb :wtf:
 
Last edited:
Pleasure, glad you're enjoying it! I just got it a week ago and I'm really impress. Feels like a new phone again. I wouldn't even bother upgrading now. Bought a new battery last night as well. What phone are you getting?

Alas, I am leaving Samsung behind and going back to HTC. Am so in love with the HTC One! Just 1.5 months to go :)
 
I picked this up in the S2 thread, dunno if it's been mentioned here before:
Jeez one thing I hate about Android is apps that just squat in dark corners of your phone. I installed Real Racing about a year ago, only today when I get a message telling me I'm out of space did I go digging. Real Racing was taking up over 2GB of space and wasn't even installed anymore!

Found this cool app to track down the culprits: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.diskusage&hl=en
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X