Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yip S2 busy updating!!
That's why i love samsung, htc/sony would never update such old phones.
 
Nope, MTN.

APN settings? Where is that?

Edit
Found it.

The page is blank, looks like I need to send an SMS.

Well that didn't work.

I enter the following data and save, go back and everything is gone again....wtf?

Internet Settings :

Name: MTN GPRS
APN: myMTN
proxy: 196.11.240.251
Port: 8080
Username: mtnwap
Password: ( leave it blank )
Server: ( leave it blank )
MMSC: ( leave it blank )
MMS Proxy: ( leave it blank )
MMS Port: ( leave it blank )
MCC: 655
MNC: 103
APN Type: default,supl
 
Well that didn't work.

I enter the following data and save, go back and everything is gone again....wtf?

Internet Settings :

Name: MTN GPRS
APN: myMTN
proxy: 196.11.240.251
Port: 8080
Username: mtnwap
Password: ( leave it blank )
Server: ( leave it blank )
MMSC: ( leave it blank )
MMS Proxy: ( leave it blank )
MMS Port: ( leave it blank )
MCC: 655
MNC: 103
APN Type: default,supl

Did you restart the phone?
 
You probably have an old sim card. I have the same issue, and from what I understand it is that the way JellyBean saves APNs is incompatible with older MTN simcards, and so you'll need to do a simswap, and that will cost R150.
 
Well that didn't work.

I enter the following data and save, go back and everything is gone again....wtf?

Internet Settings :

Name: MTN GPRS
APN: myMTN
proxy: 196.11.240.251
Port: 8080
Username: mtnwap
Password: ( leave it blank )
Server: ( leave it blank )
MMSC: ( leave it blank )
MMS Proxy: ( leave it blank )
MMS Port: ( leave it blank )
MCC: 655
MNC: 103
APN Type: default,supl

Might sound silly, but did you tap on "Save APN"?

Normally the phone just reads the APN settings off your sim, but with MTN nothing works as it should....or you've got a very old sim card. :sick:

EDIT : I see Rudimental already suggested it. Was not trying to rub it in. ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X