Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fixed it now! :)

Seems SwiftKey first wants you to run setup before making it the default keyboard.

I stopped the app, cleared all data and disabled it. Then opened the app via the app drawer and ran the setup again.

Must agree with you, the stock keyboard feels cheap and nasty compared to SwiftKey. :love:

Now I can't stop playing with Flow. :)

Glad you got it to work! Yeah Flow is amazing, use it sometimes but mostly type normally. I struggle when I have to do short words, where all the letters in the word are close to each other.
 
I must say that the stock 4.1.2 JB for the S2 is really quite good, the only thing that annoys me is the battery drain compared with 4.2.2 ROMS. I did notice another thing that when setting auto brightness on stock it is much brighter at its lowest setting when using auto brightness on CM. This could account for some of the battery drain but still drains too much when idle.

Will see how CM10.2 goes, only had it for a few hours now so don't know what battery life is going to be like. I have turned on everything that can be turned on to see how it performs and then will remove services to fit my usage if battery drain is too high.

Noticed some buggy screen artifacts with some Google services (like Gmail) but other than that the latest CM10.2 nightly seems pretty stable.
 
I must say that the stock 4.1.2 JB for the S2 is really quite good, the only thing that annoys me is the battery drain compared with 4.2.2 ROMS. I did notice another thing that when setting auto brightness on stock it is much brighter at its lowest setting when using auto brightness on CM. This could account for some of the battery drain but still drains too much when idle.

Will see how CM10.2 goes, only had it for a few hours now so don't know what battery life is going to be like. I have turned on everything that can be turned on to see how it performs and then will remove services to fit my usage if battery drain is too high.

Noticed some buggy screen artifacts with some Google services (like Gmail) but other than that the latest CM10.2 nightly seems pretty stable.

Interesting... Personally, I wont even be trying the stock, just because of the excessive amount of configuration CM offers.

CM 10.2 seems quite stable. My battery drain is much slower on CM 10.2, than on CM 10.1 (as per my battery drain thread), so I'm sure you will be satisfied with the result - let me know what you think.

As for the buggy screen, I know exactly what you mean: I had the same issue two/ three times with WhatsApp. It seems to have some issues changing the resolution when rotating the display... Nothing major, just minimize, then return to the app (at least that works with WhatsApp, not sure about the Google services) until they fix it.

Are you running CM-10.2-20130819-NIGHTLY-i9100 though? Considering the size difference of the ROM, they must have made quite a few changes last night.
 
Interesting... Personally, I wont even be trying the stock, just because of the excessive amount of configuration CM offers.

CM 10.2 seems quite stable. My battery drain is much slower on CM 10.2, than on CM 10.1 (as per my battery drain thread), so I'm sure you will be satisfied with the result - let me know what you think.

As for the buggy screen, I know exactly what you mean: I had the same issue two/ three times with WhatsApp. It seems to have some issues changing the resolution when rotating the display... Nothing major, just minimize, then return to the app (at least that works with WhatsApp, not sure about the Google services) until they fix it.

Are you running CM-10.2-20130819-NIGHTLY-i9100 though? Considering the size difference of the ROM, they must have made quite a few changes last night.

Ah noticed the WhatsApp thing, mine bugs out when going into landscape mode completely - it doesn't switch resolutions properly and only stretches out the entire image. I'm sure we will probably find many of these bugs over the next few months. This one doesn't bug me though as I never use WhatsApp in landscape mode anyway.
 
Ah noticed the WhatsApp thing, mine bugs out when going into landscape mode completely - it doesn't switch resolutions properly and only stretches out the entire image. I'm sure we will probably find many of these bugs over the next few months. This one doesn't bug me though as I never use WhatsApp in landscape mode anyway.

That sounds about right. Same for me on the landscape mode though, don't really use it as much - I noticed this issue when I was half asleep, laying on my side and the screen decided to flip... Doh! Anyway, as you said: one of those things being an early adopter... Minor issue though, I'm very satisfied with the stability in such early release phase.
 
You could also just put your sim in another phone, export those with whatever feature that phone provides and then import them to the new sim. Why you would have to do this I don't know because your contacts should be stored in the cloud as Google does this automatically when you sign in to your account if I'm not mistaken.

I did this and still couldn't find my contacts...just to find that I had to tick "SIM" in "Contacts to Display"...doh!
 
I fixed it now! :)

Seems SwiftKey first wants you to run setup before making it the default keyboard.

I stopped the app, cleared all data and disabled it. Then opened the app via the app drawer and ran the setup again.

Must agree with you, the stock keyboard feels cheap and nasty compared to SwiftKey. :love:

Now I can't stop playing with Flow. :)

I activated Swype and the keyboard looks better (and works better). :D
 
What is a good new fast responsive stable ROM?

I am having a very bad time with Omega v23. It is freezing solidly frequently. Maybe it is a background app, but I'm not aware of any that I installed or are running.
 
What is a good new fast responsive stable ROM?

I am having a very bad time with Omega v23. It is freezing solidly frequently. Maybe it is a background app, but I'm not aware of any that I installed or are running.

CM10.1 is very mature now. I used it for a long time, just moved over to the more experimental 10.2 builds today.

Looking for any features in specific?
 
CM10.1 is very mature now. I used it for a long time, just moved over to the more experimental 10.2 builds today.

Looking for any features in specific?

Hmmm. Well I like being able to (from sleep) click & then hold the home button, to turn on the torch. And being able to choose and arrange the widget buttons (wifi, data, bluetooth, wifi hotspot etc)
 
Hmmm. Well I like being able to (from sleep) click & then hold the home button, to turn on the torch. And being able to choose and arrange the widget buttons (wifi, data, bluetooth, wifi hotspot etc)

CM10,1 can do that. I was really bummed to find out that CM10.2 cannot - or I have not found the setting but this is really an awesome feature :)

Yes, DrDroidberg. The Samsung Calendar widget. :D

Hehe, I'll give you that one. It may be butt-ugly but it is pretty damn good.
 
You guys using the the normal kernel that comes with cm 10.2? I've been getting some serious battery drain on it. I'm in the process of narrowing it down. Will see what happens.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X