Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't 1993, you don't need to charge batteries for 10 hours or whatever anymore. Just charge it as you need to.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Yes, next time you buy a phone, read the manual. The manual for any modern phone that uses Lithium Ion cells will tell you to charge it until the phone says the battery is full.

Follow what the manual says, in case of a bad battery, that will hold up, not what some idiot sales person says.

In fact, from my understanding, it's BAD to leave a lithium ion battery on constant charge, one of the reasons why laptop batteries get old and lose capacity so quickly.
 
So I just got the S2 on a contract with Vodacom (for a pay in of R800 so it wasn't bad. Anybody root it yet ?
Have been looking around to root it, but not too sure on the best way (Am moving from an iPhone)
 
So I just got the S2 on a contract with Vodacom (for a pay in of R800 so it wasn't bad. Anybody root it yet ?
Have been looking around to root it, but not too sure on the best way (Am moving from an iPhone)

really? what contract, and at what monthly cost?
 
OMG... from Vodacom Direct? :eek:

EDIT
... and are you SURE that it is an S2 and not the older Galaxy S?

So I just got the S2 on a contract with Vodacom (for a pay in of R800 so it wasn't bad. Anybody root it yet ?
Have been looking around to root it, but not too sure on the best way (Am moving from an iPhone)
 
Last edited:
Lets put it this way ... On the Box it says Samsung Galaxy SII 1.2GHz ;-)

And got it from AutoPage at Vodaworld, picked it up a couple of days ago ... Best thing of all I only ordered it about 4 weeks ago.
i was on the iPhone talk 240, but decided to go with a Talk 500 instead ... Not too sure of total cost, its being picked up by my company ...

My son needed a video of a fish tank for his science show last night, used the video on the S2 and it is really good ...
 
that's awesome. can you confirm that it ships with route66 nav software?
 
that's awesome. can you confirm that it ships with route66 nav software?
I got a bit of paper with it talking about navigon for life (App and Maps preloaded), BUT in the inside of the paper it says "Australia & New Zealand maps preloaded" will check it ...

EDIT: Just checked and comes with Drive and Walk with SA preloaded with a couple of other African countries as options ... Have not used it tho (And cannot find the Navigon Software which is supposed to be preloaded)
 
Last edited:
after i saw that the guy posted that he got the phone, i phoned cell c and vodacom and asked when they getting it in........... no idea from the sale people, idiots
 
after i saw that the guy posted that he got the phone, i phoned cell c and vodacom and asked when they getting it in........... no idea from the sale people, idiots
Oh yeah and if I didn't mention it I am with Vodacom ..

While i don't really like Autopage (I use them because of the 20% discount with Discovery), I was at Vodaworld for a conference and stopped in and they knew what it was, they didnt know how much it cost. but I ordered it anyway on the off chance it was reasonably priced, and at the price I just took it ...
 
Tegra 2 4.2-inch Samsung Galaxy Z unveiled, live photos inside

A new Galaxy phone, the Samsung Galaxy Z, has just been announced. Strangely though the handset has been unveiled by the Swedish carrier Three, rather than the Korean company. The Galaxy Z is a combo between the I9003 Galaxy SL and the S II - it's got a 4.2-inch SC-LCD screen and a Tegra 2 chipset with two 1GHz Cortex-A9 cores.

The 4.2" screen of the Samsung Galaxy Z has WVGA resolution and is an SC-LCD unit rather than a SuperAMOLED. The phone measures 125.3 x 66.1 x 9.5 mm and weighs 135g - not quite Galaxy S II but quite impressive still.
The Galaxy Z is powered by a Tegra 2 but its 5MP camera is only capable of 720p video recording - disappointing if you were hoping for 1080p video capture. The Z model packs 8GB of built-in memory that is expandable through the microSD slot.
We actually managed to get our hands on a Samsung Galaxy Z and we were able to snap a few hands-on photos for you to enjoy. You should also stay tuned for a quick and dirty preview, which should appear on our homepage soon.

The price of the Samsung Galaxy Z is set at 3995 Swedish kronor (€435, $630) for the pre-order. You can also get it for free if you sign a two-year contract with Three Sweden for 300kr a month.

gsmarena_001.jpg
 
Oh yeah and if I didn't mention it I am with Vodacom ..

While i don't really like Autopage (I use them because of the 20% discount with Discovery), I was at Vodaworld for a conference and stopped in and they knew what it was, they didnt know how much it cost. but I ordered it anyway on the off chance it was reasonably priced, and at the price I just took it ...

Off to check the Discovery website about the bolded part...
 
I cant take this any more, I just got off the phone to Autopage and they said the S2 will becomeing between the 6th and the 10th yet people have already gotten the phone from other autopage branches days ago.:mad:

UPDATE.

Aparently the S2 is out but they dont keep stock. takes 7-14days to get it if you want one. You just cant win!
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X