Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i've just ordered SGP screen protector and case from SGP themselves... will see how long it takes.. was like R500 with priority delivery, so not bad..

@mercurial import from handtec
 
Still going to wait. Just 3 more weeks however, afterwards 100% going to place an order
 
I am very jealous of the folks who have their phones already. I would port to Vodacom just to get this early, but sadly, their reception is barely existent in my house.

I'm calling Autopage and asking them if they will give me the phone on any MTN or Cell C contracts. Here's to hoping! (unless MTN pull their socks up and release the damn thing already)
 
OK, I had to have a new quotation generated. Completed all the forms and emailed back to VC.
Just got the sms's to confirm upgrade, but now the latest one is "Your customer order number U******** is currently on back order, and an update will follow shortly". :mad:

I am sure if the original quotation had been processed correctly on Saturday, then there would have still been stock.
The consultant this time asked me what is so special about "this Galaxy S", because ever second query is about it :D

Hoping I don't have to wait too long for the phone.
 
OK, I had to have a new quotation generated. Completed all the forms and emailed back to VC.
Just got the sms's to confirm upgrade, but now the latest one is "Your customer order number U******** is currently on back order, and an update will follow shortly". :mad:

I am sure if the original quotation had been processed correctly on Saturday, then there would have still been stock.
The consultant this time asked me what is so special about "this Galaxy S", because ever second query is about it :D

Hoping I don't have to wait too long for the phone.

I hope they still have stock for you. I'm about to fetch mine now.
 
Are you guys getting the Galaxy S or the S2?? :confused:

When I bought the ACE I whipped out my SGS2 and the Vodacom staff had no Idea what phone it was, they all just had blank stares till a guy asked me :D haha was pretty funny.
 
Getting the S2 for $699 .. Hopefully the price goes down before I hit the States next month
 
That's great news! Do you have a screen protector and case for your phone? If you do, where did you buy it from?

EDIT: I'm thinking of importing the SGP Steinheil Oleophobic Screen Protector. Think i'm going to have to go with eBay as Amazon.com doesn't ship to SA. I just can't wait that long for it from the seller on eBay...

Ordered from
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150605360409

16.99 US inc. the postage for two protectors. Stick one on the sg2 and it looks fine. I'm happy
 
You ordered your on Saturday as well?
Where you collecting it from?

So jealous... :twisted:
 
Are you guys getting the Galaxy S or the S2?? :confused:

The S2

Ordered from
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150605360409

16.99 US inc. the postage for two protectors. Stick one on the sg2 and it looks fine. I'm happy

Awesome. How lond did delivery take?

You ordered your on Saturday as well?
Where you collecting it from?

From Vodaworld. What an amazing device! I'm blown away by the display. I guess i'm not getting any sleep tonight. :)
 
Last edited:
That is awesome swift, didn't know there was an option to collect the phone.

Just got an sms to say my account has been invoiced, and to expect delivery shortly... don't suppose they mean today still: :D

Busy shopping around for a case and screen protectors at the moment. It's between the original Samsung vented case, and a SGP Neo Hybrid Silicone Case - which comes with a SGP Steinheil Ultra Crystal Film.
http://www.exportprive.com/hybrid-silicone-case-bumper-galaxy-i9100-soul-black-p-16508.html
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUI...sesPouches&hash=item5d2f0bac94#ht_3484wt_1139
 
How does it feel though compared to the naked Gorilla glass?
Do your fingers still slide smoothly, and not stick too much?
Do you have more of a problem with finger prints and smudges?

It feels and look the same to me. Happy with the cover
 
Not sure if this has been posted before, but it is a cool service for Wave, SGS & SGS2.
It's called Samsung DIVE, which is a subscription service, similar to sense.com, which allows you to control the phone remotely.
http://v2.samsungdive.com/help/guideRemoteControlsClear.do

Remote Controls
The latest smart phones contain lots of personal data, so there is a high risk of revealing sensitive personal information if you lose your phone. Remote Controls can minimize the risk of losing your personal information by allowing you to lock and wipe your missing mobile remotely. Also, by using the Find my mobile feature, you can find your missing mobile. The following explains how to use Remote Controls.
Find My Mobile
My Missing Mobile Tracking
Mobile Lock with Message
Call Restriction
Remote Sound On
Mobile Call Log
Mobile Wipe Out
 
That is awesome swift, didn't know there was an option to collect the phone.

Just got an sms to say my account has been invoiced, and to expect delivery shortly... don't suppose they mean today still: :D

Busy shopping around for a case and screen protectors at the moment. It's between the original Samsung vented case, and a SGP Neo Hybrid Silicone Case - which comes with a SGP Steinheil Ultra Crystal Film.
http://www.exportprive.com/hybrid-silicone-case-bumper-galaxy-i9100-soul-black-p-16508.html
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUI...sesPouches&hash=item5d2f0bac94#ht_3484wt_1139

Awesome. I got that SMS on Friday and got the phone today. I had it delivered to someone who works at Vodaworld and then I just picked it up from him during lunch. Will check those links out when I get home. Things are a bit hectic at work at the moment.

Awesome. How lond did delivery take?

2 Weeks


.

Great! I will definitely consider buying that then.
 
That is awesome swift, didn't know there was an option to collect the phone.

Just got an sms to say my account has been invoiced, and to expect delivery shortly... don't suppose they mean today still: :D

Busy shopping around for a case and screen protectors at the moment. It's between the original Samsung vented case, and a SGP Neo Hybrid Silicone Case - which comes with a SGP Steinheil Ultra Crystal Film.
http://www.exportprive.com/hybrid-silicone-case-bumper-galaxy-i9100-soul-black-p-16508.html
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUI...sesPouches&hash=item5d2f0bac94#ht_3484wt_1139

Oh, I forgot to mention that I emailed ExportPrive yesterday to ask if they ship to SA and they responded with:

Code:
Hi,

The only shipping service available to South Africa is TNT, which is outrageously expensive unfortunately. You can log into your account to simulate a purchase to know the exact total cost of your order.

I have not yet done this.

Update: Shipping for your case and screen protector is $44! No way am I buying that then.
 
Last edited:
Expansys.co.za has the Martin Fields screen protector. I think I might order it from them.



I have heard a lot of bad stuff on one of the threads about expansys. Are they safe to order from?

Although mtn hasn't released the phone as yet, I thought that I would just order my case and screen protector so that when mtn actually release the phone, I would have the case and protector to put it in...... From day one.

I wouldn't want anything to happen to my phone when I get it, so I think it's Best to get the stuff ordered now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X