Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shipping from ExportPrive is $40 odd dollars. It is cheaper to buy it directly from SGPStore.com. That's what I want to do. I posted an earlier message where I mention it is $46 for the screen protector, case and shipping.

Yikes. I must have missed that one. Thanks dude.
 
Yikes. I must have missed that one. Thanks dude.

I emailed them to find out if they ship here and they said they do but that I should do a mock checkout to check the cost. That is the value it gave me. No prob. :)
 
Hmmm, so which one is best? Ultra Crystal or oleophobic?

I'm going with oleophobic. The guys on XDA say that smudges are more visible and prone to occur on the Ultra Crystal compared to the Oleophobic. Are you going to order it?
 
I'll be giving them a call after I see what deals are available on the 7th.

Considering that my old iPhone contract has expired and that part of that monthly fee was toward the phone I would hope they would be a little bit more accommodating seeing as I am still paying the same each month. Don't feel like forking out R2K right now.
 
I'll be giving them a call after I see what deals are available on the 7th.

Considering that my old iPhone contract has expired and that part of that monthly fee was toward the phone I would hope they would be a little bit more accommodating seeing as I am still paying the same each month. Don't feel like forking out R2K right now.

Ouch!!! Are you nuts?

The day my iPhone contract expired, I changed it to a Talk75, added 100 sms bundle and buy once-off data bundles.

You can get the Samsung Galaxy S now for R145 a month from CellC, or the Samsung Galaxy S2 for R280 from CellC or R320 from Virgin Mobile (looks like a great deal, except the fact that it's Virgin Mobile).

I expect Vodacom to do what they do best - rape the customer with their super expensive pricing, so don't get your hope up. MTN is still figuring out what the Galaxy S2 is.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just bare in mind that the SGP cases come with a ultra screen protector. So if you don't need more than one, then you don't need to add additional films.

EDIT
Oops, my bad. Seems like ExportPrive bundles an Ultra Crystal protector with their SGP cases.
This is the case I want to order, just not sure if I should get it from them, or from Ebay.
http://www.exportprive.com/hybrid-silicone-case-bumper-galaxy-i9100-soul-black-p-16508.html


Shipping from ExportPrive is $40 odd dollars. It is cheaper to buy it directly from SGPStore.com. That's what I want to do. I posted an earlier message where I mention it is $46 for the screen protector, case and shipping.
 
Last edited:
Just bare in mind that the SGP cases come with a ultra screen protector. So if you don't need more than one, then you don't need to add additional films.

What do you need a screen protector for? The phone comes with gorilla glass protection.

You gonna get a hip pouch as well? :p
 
I am reading way too many post about guys getting scratches... too many for it to be isolated.
I am not willing to take a risk.

I plan on keeping it naked for a while before putting a screen protector on, so that I can judge the difference for myself.
Since I am coming from a HTC Touch HD, this will be my first Android device, as well as my first capacitive screen - I am used to a screen protector (with a stylus) :D

Know of any nice hip pouches? :p
 
FYI: Got Vodacom's latest specials booklet yesterday - SGS2 is advertised on Business Call @ R319pm, and includes 110MB of data per month.
 
Any mention of the HTC Sensation in the latest deals?

Sent from my HTC Desire using MyBroadband Android App
 
Anyone heard from droplet? Wonder how his op went?

i got discharged yesterday afternoon! i am now seven days post-op and my heart is ticking away nicely. the new valve is LOUD! i sound like a ticking kitchen clock now :P

the awesome thing is that i have five weeks before i'm due back at work and universtiy, so after i've picked up my new sgs2 this week, it's going to be no distractions! :)
 
i got discharged yesterday afternoon! i am now seven days post-op and my heart is ticking away nicely. the new valve is LOUD! i sound like a ticking kitchen clock now :P

the awesome thing is that i have five weeks before i'm due back at work and universtiy, so after i've picked up my new sgs2 this week, it's going to be no distractions! :)

WB :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X