Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some feedback!

All is good now. Re-flashed my ROM and did restoring of apps one by one! No problems anymore!

Thanks for all the help and advice.

Hmmmm...thanks for this. I suppose you even tested each app? Good job, 'ey! Strange, though, that all your user apps are restored and the problem is gone...perhaps, previously, a system app snuck in.with the restore (if that's possible)

When you do a T. Backup, just back up the user apps in the batch mode, and when you restore, also restore only the user apps in batch mode. When restoring, and when it confirms exactly which apps to batch restore, just scroll down the list and uncheck anything unusual (ie that which you didn't restore one by one just now).

Glad you're sorted! :)
 
Hmmmm...thanks for this. I suppose you even tested each app? Good job, 'ey! Strange, though, that all your user apps are restored and the problem is gone...perhaps, previously, a system app snuck in.with the restore (if that's possible)

When you do a T. Backup, just back up the user apps in the batch mode, and when you restore, also restore only the user apps in batch mode. When restoring, and when it confirms exactly which apps to batch restore, just scroll down the list and uncheck anything unusual (ie that which you didn't restore one by one just now).

Glad you're sorted! :)

If you check out the link to CheckROM regarding TB, thay mention system apps of which the data is safe to restore. Not all ICS fw's are created equal, so it is advised that one should not restore the apps themselves, but only some data applicable to those apps.
 
If you check out the link to CheckROM regarding TB, thay mention system apps of which the data is safe to restore. Not all ICS fw's are created equal, so it is advised that one should not restore the apps themselves, but only some data applicable to those apps.

That's the thing. I didn't restore any data for messaging, dialer, contacts and system stuff this time around. Only did apps one by one and data for apps like whatsapp, ubersocial, facebook etc. The rest I started from scratch again.

I think some of the data might have been corrupted or was not compatible with the new ROM I flashed.

Working fine now.
 
Anyone know anything about tweaking the keyboard/dictionary?

I want to use the dictionary, but trying to keep track of messages as the dictionary panel pops up and down the whole time throws me off. Anyone know a way around this?
 
Plz elaborate.... does this improve battery life as I am struggling to get through a working day without charging and phone is 2 weeks old!!

It does not explicitly increase battery life. What this does is it clears the battery-meter "memory", this will then give you an accurate battery percentage when you use your phone. It basically just calibrates your battery-meter chip. Just make sure you charge your phone to 100% and then do this, then use it till about 10% before you recharge. After that use as you like.
 
Is this phone still worth it or should I wait for the S3? Do they have the exact same camera? I see the s3 has a bigger screen. How is the quality? Bigger is not always better.
 
I LoL'd

20110802smartphone.gif
 
haha....that is exceptional for a Desire HD, sometimes mine didn't even make a full day. :eek:

But I'm just showing how the battery performance can be for "normal" use, without any tweaks on a Galaxy S2 with official ROM.

Using Gmail, sending whatsapp and sms messages, making a few phone calls, searching on the web, etc.

*And I'm using both cores of the phone, it's not handicapped in any way. Maybe with Touchwiz running on it. :D

HOLY MOTHER of perl, just out of interest I uninstalled Juice Defender and ran on 3G only today, and this is what my Phone looks like:

yiXbJ.jpg


I think Juice is coming back on as in its downloading (I bought the full version last year)
 
HOLY MOTHER of perl, just out of interest I uninstalled Juice Defender and ran on 3G only today, and this is what my Phone looks like:

I think Juice is coming back on as in its downloading (I bought the full version last year)

I don't use any apps, as Juice Defender just constantly switch stuff on and off. Think that's an even bigger drain on battery & I advise anyone against using such apps.

My phone is running on wifi at home and 3G when I walk out the front door.

And automatic brightness, not 10%. :)

So, I'm afraid your 4 days battery life does not mean much. ;)
 
HOLY MOTHER of perl, just out of interest I uninstalled Juice Defender and ran on 3G only today, and this is what my Phone looks like:

yiXbJ.jpg


I think Juice is coming back on as in its downloading (I bought the full version last year)

I want to see your screen on time
 
Updated to the latest CM9(30/05) and Siyah Kernel and my SGS2 is flying...all defaults for now...will keep an eye on battery life. Moderate usage on 28/05 nightly and Siyah 3.2.5.2 so far gets just under 48hrs usage with 5hrs on screen time.
 
I am on the latest Resurrection Remix ROM, v 2.0. I can see/feel an even bigger performance boost over v 1.8. I love it!

However, the gallery and music players don't show any of the relevant files, even though I can find them in ES File Explorer. It's as though 'media scanner' doesn't run. I've tried to search the supervast XDA thread, tried all the solutions, but nothing works. Downloaded and ran media scanning apps from the market, also to no avail. I can't post in. XDA yet because haven't done the required amount of posts, LOL.

I'm gonna reflash the ROM without wiping, and see what happens...(the gallery couldn't find my photos even before I restored any apps anyway, so it should not be a problem if I don't wipe data etc.) I will also fix permissions, though.

Has anyone else had the same problem, perhaps? Or could, perhaps, direct my nooby mind?
 
I am on the latest Resurrection Remix ROM, v 2.0. I can see/feel an even bigger performance boost over v 1.8. I love it!

However, the gallery and music players don't show any of the relevant files, even though I can find them in ES File Explorer. It's as though 'media scanner' doesn't run. I've tried to search the supervast XDA thread, tried all the solutions, but nothing works. Downloaded and ran media scanning apps from the market, also to no avail. I can't post in. XDA yet because haven't done the required amount of posts, LOL.

I'm gonna reflash the ROM without wiping, and see what happens...(the gallery couldn't find my photos even before I restored any apps anyway, so it should not be a problem if I don't wipe data etc.) I will also fix permissions, though.

Has anyone else had the same problem, perhaps? Or could, perhaps, direct my nooby mind?

Sounds like the media scanner is effed..

Did you clean wipe before you installed v2? if not i recommend you do.
 
Last edited:
If anyone interested. Siyah 3.2.7.2 is out. Includes S3 wifi driver. Only tested for 30min but already have improved reception.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X