Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please post a sort of tutorial for downloading JB as we are not all up to speed with this.
Can it be done through KIES?
Must one register on SAMobile to get the update and then how to go after that?
How do you do this through Odin?
Thanks guys, we do not all understand GEEK!
 
Whats the issue with repartioning and Odin? Does it do the necessary repartition and if not, what happens?
 
Whats the issue with repartioning and Odin? Does it do the necessary repartition and if not, what happens?

Some say the repartitioning was bogus. I would suggest not touching anything not explained under the Odin tutorial except if you understand the S2 and Odin 100%
 
Ok so if I just do the basic flashing as laid out here - http://www.ibtimes.com/android-412-...ng-galaxy-s2-gt-i9100-how-install-it-manually it should be fine?

Well it seems so when I go through the steps. The only part that raises a question is the pit file bit - I have never done anything with pit and thought one should stay away from it.

I am going to use another way (after TB baskup and full nandroid backup and copying all user files from S2 to PC):
1. Download JB FW on phone
2. Extract/unzip
3. Open up Mobile Odin Pro
4. Select the JB firmware (this will put all the files in the right places)
5. Select Siyah kernel in lieu of the stock kernel
6. Make sure that everoot is ticked (just to make sure I retain root)
7. Flash firmware

(in a nutshell)
 
Well it seems so when I go through the steps. The only part that raises a question is the pit file bit - I have never done anything with pit and thought one should stay away from it.

I am going to use another way (after TB baskup and full nandroid backup and copying all user files from S2 to PC):
1. Download JB FW on phone
2. Extract/unzip
3. Open up Mobile Odin Pro
4. Select the JB firmware (this will put all the files in the right places)
5. Select Siyah kernel in lieu of the stock kernel
6. Make sure that everoot is ticked (just to make sure I retain root)
7. Flash firmware

(in a nutshell)

Now how many people use mobile Odin on their phones, I ask you with tears in my eyes? :D
 
I hope all you flashjunkies see the bigger picture with Samsung releasing JB... Apart from having an awesome stable JB release, proper kernel development will start soon! And THAT is what I am particularly looking forward to!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X