Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm due for an upgrade in July and December, will see if there is something really groundbreaking out then.

If I am reading the market correctly, the next Nexus will be from Motorola. Which will be a shame, cos Moto is responsible for some of the fugliest Android phones I've ever seen.

Hopefully Google fires the Moto designers and bring some much needed change.
 
Another reason I normally stay away... are you not going to wait for a NeatROM version of this ROM?

Nope. For some reason I get freezes with NeatRom... :confused:
Salesale has already done a LSD version so I doubt he will do another one - NeatROM 4.3

EDIT: I miss dual booting like crazy! I hope GM will produce a dual boot version of Siyah soon!
 
Last edited:
The iPhone smoothness is an illusion! The wool has been pulled over your eyes... It also lags sometimes, and if it had all the awesome stuff Android had, it would lag even more!

How can you change the notification icons in Omega? I just want to reorder them. The Bluetooth, wifi, gps etc icons.
 
Booked my S2 in for repairs at Vodashop Tygervalley on Tuesday afternoon - got a sms today to go pick it up. They replaced the LCD screen.

Great service and I have what feels like a brand new phone within 48hours!
 
Booked my S2 in for repairs at Vodashop Tygervalley on Tuesday afternoon - got a sms today to go pick it up. They replaced the LCD screen.

Great service and I have what feels like a brand new phone within 48hours!

Happy days!! Enjoy your "new" phone. :)
 
Booked my S2 in for repairs at Vodashop Tygervalley on Tuesday afternoon - got a sms today to go pick it up. They replaced the LCD screen.

Great service and I have what feels like a brand new phone within 48hours!

Happy days!! Enjoy your "new" phone. :)

Thanks! Yeah still deciding on if I want to load another ROM. I did previously but just knowing that I can do it is almost enough for me hehe.
 
Nope. For some reason I get freezes with NeatRom... :confused:
Salesale has already done a LSD version so I doubt he will do another one - NeatROM 4.3

EDIT: I miss dual booting like crazy! I hope GM will produce a dual boot version of Siyah soon!

I'm sure 4.4 will get more stable over time.

And I miss dual booting too :(
 
I'm sure 4.4 will get more stable over time.

And I miss dual booting too :(

I hear you, but I don't think salesale does this - while the current fw (LSD) is out he would make 4.3 and then few small tweaks if required but when MS1 comes out he will make 4.4 with. He will not really go into repeatedly change his coding philosophy to improve on the rom. His roms are merely a conversion from the newest fw around by removing bloatware and adding a couple of things he reckons will enhance the fw. Also he concentrates on a make firmware like Samsung. One can not compare his development with the likes of CM. CM basically develops the concept of ICS or JB with no specific target like Samsung or HTC interfaces/launchers. I can carry on with this post, but I think you get the picture.
 
I always hated the first versions of Google Chrome on my S2, but it looks like 27 Feb's update is really good.....it's smooth and quick, so far I'm liking it!

Just for laffs :

IEfishtank_zpsf766d0b9.png
 
I hear you, but I don't think salesale does this - while the current fw (LSD) is out he would make 4.3 and then few small tweaks if required but when MS1 comes out he will make 4.4 with. He will not really go into repeatedly change his coding philosophy to improve on the rom. His roms are merely a conversion from the newest fw around by removing bloatware and adding a couple of things he reckons will enhance the fw. Also he concentrates on a make firmware like Samsung. One can not compare his development with the likes of CM. CM basically develops the concept of ICS or JB with no specific target like Samsung or HTC interfaces/launchers. I can carry on with this post, but I think you get the picture.

I see. Didn't know that that was how NeatROM operated. But I kind of get why it does though.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X