Samsung Galaxy S3

ok is there an easier way to do this? tried over the air and it stopped at 48% and tried kia kies and it doesn't move after 3%.

Can I download the firmware and then install via something else? Don't want to lose any data and my phone is not rooted or anything like that.

Frustrating process...

Someone just answered that above you...

Reason being? Cos you just download the same official rom from sammobile and install it via ODI.

The hotfile link to the firmware had also been posted above.
 
Someone just answered that above you...



The hotfile link to the firmware had also been posted above.
"Please note that you only need Odin if you want to root your device or update it to a custom ROM. If you only want to update it to an official firmware, then you have to use the phone maker’s own software and there are lower risks."
Is ODI something else?
 
"Please note that you only need Odin if you want to root your device or update it to a custom ROM. If you only want to update it to an official firmware, then you have to use the phone maker’s own software and there are lower risks."
Is ODI something else?

You can't load the .tar.md5 file above with KIES. I stand to be corrected?
 
That's what you get with leaks.

It's not a leak. Omega barely ever has issues, and if there is one you can just take 5 min to install the previous version. I say it's a miniscule tradeoff for having root access, a few system perks, no system bloat and the latest firmware.
 
hi i have downloaded this file but how to i install it on my stock s3?

Been struggling with Kies and OTA, would like to try installing this file, any instructions on how to go about installing? please!
 
I'm on a stock CellC S3. Haven't upgraded to 4.1 yet.

I've got a problem with Gtalk when I'm on GSM only. It just never signs in, and doesn't work. WhatsApp and Skype IM works fine. Gmail seems to work fine too...

Does GSM only save enough battery to be worth using over Auto?
Will 3G only work? (Cape Town area, decent coverage)

Heavy lifting I do via WiFi, and when I need a portable hotspot for my laptop I just flip the switch back to Auto.

60% of the time, I'm on WiFi (work & home)
35% on 2G
<5% on 3G

Would like to remain available on Gtalk for that 35%

Can someone confirm if JellyBean fixes that? Any other work around?
 
KIES frozen on 14%. This is about the 14th time I have tried. A am losing faith in the Samsung brand at a rapid rate. Spent about R20k on their products in the last month and all of them have dodgy software and *** build quality.
 
Ha ha! Sorry for laughing, but it is rather humorous sitting on the outside watching the slow loss of humour and increase in hatred towards Samsung as a result of two little letters... JB! :)
 
Its not only that. R10k 3dtv also got shoddy software, My 4 year old Bravia was much better.
 
Was forced to update to JB via ODIN. KIES just not working on 3 different computers and 2 OS's. POS software!
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X