Velenoso
Expert Member
Do we have a link where to download the SA rom?
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Do we have a link where to download the SA rom?
Just get a SIII. There are rumours that the new model will come out in March next year but nothing concrete yet.Hi guys.
I currently have a iPhone 4 and my contract is due for an upgrade. Do you think it is now a good time to upgrade to a SIII or must I rather wait for a new model?
Thanks
Just get a SIII. There are rumours that the new model will come out in March next year but nothing concrete yet.
Thanks for the reply. I will now read a bit through this thread the get an idea of how people experience the phone. Are most of you guys happy with yours?
Hi guys.
I currently have a iPhone 4 and my contract is due for an upgrade. Do you think it is now a good time to upgrade to a SIII or must I rather wait for a new model?
Thanks
I have been with Apple since their first iPhone that never even made it to these shores - iPhone, iPhone 3g, iPhone 3GS and my last was an iPhone 4. It was upgrade time for me, and I stunned my family last week by moving to the Samsung S3. My reasoning was that the new iPhone 5 is not a major improvement over previous models. It has an odd shape - long and skinny which I don't like. The only real differences have ben in their iOS updates - which you can take advantage of if you have an iPhone 4....so there was no real desire to wait for the iPhone 5.
Having now owned the S3 for 5 days, and having made the move from iPhone 4, I can sum up as follows...
The size screen of the S3 is perfect for my large hands. My iPhone 4 now feels too small. I think Samsung have got the screen dimensions just right with this S3. The screen is beautiful, the handset very fast. I love the fact that I will be able to swop out batteries if my battery goes low.....I have ordered 3 spare batteries including a charging dock station for the batteries for $ 12 off eBay.
Well, there is so much to like about the S3, that maybe I should rather pick out the negatives, when coming from the Apple ecosystem
1. Media syncing. If you had a mac and all your stuff, notes, music, pictures, calendars etc etc were on your Mac, then you will find it tedious and difficult in getting everything onto your S3. Definitely not as seamless, quick and effective as doing it through iTunes. I am still battling along, trying to move stuff across. Music and contacts was fairly easy after downloading an app for the S3 and one for my Mac, and then let it move stuff across. But it would not do my pictures
1.b Due to point 1. above, syncing among your Apple devices is a breeze if you are already in that eco system - change or add something on one device and it appears on your iMac, MBP, iPad, iPod touch etc etc Really nice if you have multiple Apple devices
2. Media display. I way prefer the way music appears and is accessed on the iPhone, much neater and orderly
3. iPhone "appears" better built. This is mainly due to the S3 having a paper thin plastic back - although, thankfully due to this we are able to swop out batteries on the fly with the S3. So it is actually a blessing in disguise
4. Apple app store seems slightly better organised
That is about it. Almost everything else the S3 either equals or betters the iPhone......oh, and i have to mention this, as it was one of my main gripes about iOS 6 - S3 has WAYYYYYY better Google mapping and tracking/directions than the Apple maps effort that they spewed out with iOS 6
To sum up - I moved from having owned each of the first 4 iPhone models....and while they were excellent at their time, I feel the S3 has matured enough to be a better phone
I have been with Apple since their first iPhone that never even made it to these shores - iPhone, iPhone 3g, iPhone 3GS and my last was an iPhone 4. It was upgrade time for me, and I stunned my family last week by moving to the Samsung S3. My reasoning was that the new iPhone 5 is not a major improvement over previous models. It has an odd shape - long and skinny which I don't like. The only real differences have ben in their iOS updates - which you can take advantage of if you have an iPhone 4....so there was no real desire to wait for the iPhone 5.
Having now owned the S3 for 5 days, and having made the move from iPhone 4, I can sum up as follows...
The size screen of the S3 is perfect for my large hands. My iPhone 4 now feels too small. I think Samsung have got the screen dimensions just right with this S3. The screen is beautiful, the handset very fast. I love the fact that I will be able to swop out batteries if my battery goes low.....I have ordered 3 spare batteries including a charging dock station for the batteries for $ 12 off eBay.
Well, there is so much to like about the S3, that maybe I should rather pick out the negatives, when coming from the Apple ecosystem
1. Media syncing. If you had a mac and all your stuff, notes, music, pictures, calendars etc etc were on your Mac, then you will find it tedious and difficult in getting everything onto your S3. Definitely not as seamless, quick and effective as doing it through iTunes. I am still battling along, trying to move stuff across. Music and contacts was fairly easy after downloading an app for the S3 and one for my Mac, and then let it move stuff across. But it would not do my pictures
1.b Due to point 1. above, syncing among your Apple devices is a breeze if you are already in that eco system - change or add something on one device and it appears on your iMac, MBP, iPad, iPod touch etc etc Really nice if you have multiple Apple devices
2. Media display. I way prefer the way music appears and is accessed on the iPhone, much neater and orderly
3. iPhone "appears" better built. This is mainly due to the S3 having a paper thin plastic back - although, thankfully due to this we are able to swop out batteries on the fly with the S3. So it is actually a blessing in disguise
4. Apple app store seems slightly better organised
That is about it. Almost everything else the S3 either equals or betters the iPhone......oh, and i have to mention this, as it was one of my main gripes about iOS 6 - S3 has WAYYYYYY better Google mapping and tracking/directions than the Apple maps effort that they spewed out with iOS 6
To sum up - I moved from having owned each of the first 4 iPhone models....and while they were excellent at their time, I feel the S3 has matured enough to be a better phone
Very good point, I came over from the 4S. I'm an Apple guy through and through (iMac's, MacBook Pro, IPad - I have them all). My fiancée couldn't believe it when I got the S3. I just can't justify spending the money for a taller iPhone 4S.
The one thing I really miss which you describe well there is the seamless syncing of everything. My S3 is left out, whatever I need on it I have to manually load onto the phone.
Very good point, I came over from the 4S. I'm an Apple guy through and through (iMac's, MacBook Pro, IPad - I have them all). My fiancée couldn't believe it when I got the S3. I just can't justify spending the money for a taller iPhone 4S.
The one thing I really miss which you describe well there is the seamless syncing of everything. My S3 is left out, whatever I need on it I have to manually load onto the phone.
Just get iSyncr from the Play store.
Thanks for the reply. I will now read a bit through this thread the get an idea of how people experience the phone. Are most of you guys happy with yours?
I just read the info on iSyncr on the play store - it only mentions being able to sync your music. What about pictures and other stuff ? I used "easy phone sync" off the play store a few days ago and it was able to do my contacts and music. I am having trouble trying to sync my pictures out of iPhoto and onto my S3
I use my Dropbox account to sync everything I could possible want. You get 50Gb dropbox space when you register your phone so there is no need for other apps.
I'm battling to understand why someone would be looking to put pictures onto their phone? I use my phone to take photos and then store them on my PC and an external hard drive.