Samsung Galaxy S3

So the new rom has sorted out my battery issues. Finally! But now I'm stuck with an issue. the previous rom would autocorrect words for me in the keyboard, however now it doesn't. it still gives me correction options above the keyboard but i have to select them manually. running 4.1.2 rom.

any idea how to get the autocorrect functionality back as having to manually select each word is painful? Predictive text is on btw and the language selection for the input is set the English UK...
 
I use my Dropbox account to sync everything I could possible want. You get 50Gb dropbox space when you register your phone so there is no need for other apps.

Dropbox is fantastic for leaving documents and other smaller items. But if you have a photo library that is 25 GB big.....syncing it will suck your whole data bundle in one swoop. Photos are big - everytime you add say 50 pictures taken in a day, you are going to lose 100 MB.

I use dropbox all the time, but not for pictures
 
So the new rom has sorted out my battery issues. Finally! But now I'm stuck with an issue. the previous rom would autocorrect words for me in the keyboard, however now it doesn't. it still gives me correction options above the keyboard but i have to select them manually. running 4.1.2 rom.

any idea how to get the autocorrect functionality back as having to manually select each word is painful? Predictive text is on btw and the language selection for the input is set the English UK...
I might be wrong here but doesn't it need to learn the words you use?

I bought Swiftkey when I got my first Android phone and have been using it ever since so it might work completely different.


Dropbox is fantastic for leaving documents and other smaller items. But if you have a photo library that is 25 GB big.....syncing it will suck your whole data bundle in one swoop. Photos are big - everytime you add say 50 pictures taken in a day, you are going to lose 100 MB.

I use dropbox all the time, but not for pictures
My dropbox is set to sync only on wireless so it syncs when I get into the office and when I get home.
 
I might be wrong here but doesn't it need to learn the words you use?

I bought Swiftkey when I got my first Android phone and have been using it ever since so it might work completely different.

No, it has always auto-corrected by default and I've never had to look for this setting before. Now it appears to be switched off, or Google have changed the way it works and it is infuriating. I also refuse to add my credit card details to this device so I don't purchase apps. I just don't trust my financial details being in the phone or on the Play store...

Another issue is that the sync settings are missing or they have been hidden. Previously I could toggle sync on and off from the notifications bar when I pulled it down. It now has Multi Window (which I have no idea how it works) and All Share Cast (which I have never used before), and sync has been removed. So my accounts tell me that sync is currently disabled and there is no way to manually switch it on by the looks of things. My one google account tells me that sync is experiencing a problem and will be back shortly but it last synced last month and gives me errors. My second google account is fine, but is not linked to my DropBox and other accounts, so as far as they're concerned, they're not set to sync, or at least they think that syncs disabled. Really odd for Google to screw with this interface so much...
 
Clint, with the HUGE beautiful screen on the S3, and 64 GB of disk space (32 + 32).....I don't see who would NOT want their entire photo library on their S3. Probably for the same reason that you have it on your PC or external hard drive.
You bump into family or friends, and they want to see a picture of a recent trip you made......or you have time to spare and want to go through old pictures while listening to music on your S3...

My photo collection is far bigger than 64GB! Sorry, still makes little sense to me to have my entire photo collection on a portable device that could get lost resulting in someone else getting their hands on all your memories. No one is really that interested in seeing your old photos and the few I do keep on my phone are easily transferred via a number of means as and when needed. No need to sync them.

Each to their own, however. I just could not understand the reason for moving photos from computer to phone but you have explained. Thanks.
 
I was going to ask if someone had a faster link than the hotfile one, which was crawling, but I found a multiupload file that is moving a lot quicker. Selfishly reluctant to share it in case it slows down... ha ha, will do as soon as mine has come through or have a search for it like I did :)

I just switched from the UK JB ROM to the SA one. Seems that will not be staying on my phone long at all :D

EDIT: This post is in relation to 4.1.2 and not the original JB. Getting confusing :)
 
Last edited:

Dude, this thread is 213 pages long! Thanks mate! :D

Let's hope this solves my battery issues.

Edit: This is the official one right? Not some modded linux hacker version. Some of us are not that geeky. :p
 
Last edited:
I'm in London on holiday. Can I just say it's BS that their Play store is so much better.
 
Another issue is that the sync settings are missing or they have been hidden. Previously I could toggle sync on and off from the notifications bar when I pulled it down.
It now has Multi Window (which I have no idea how it works), and sync has been removed.
So my accounts tell me that sync is currently disabled and there is no way to manually switch it on by the looks of things.

Go to settings - Display - notification panel
From there you can select what shortcuts you want(Sync etc)

To use Multi-window just hold down the return key and drag whatever app you want to multi-task with onto the screen
 
Go to settings - Display - notification panel
From there you can select what shortcuts you want(Sync etc)

To use Multi-window just hold down the return key and drag whatever app you want to multi-task with onto the screen

You rock, thanks.

Okay multi-window is pretty awesome. As are the options for the notification panel. I also just discovered the new gallery views - Wow! They are so much better.

I must admit that 4.1.2 is incredibly smooth and my battery is far, far better on it too. I also see that Google Now is working a little bit better, although it still keeps notifying me of traffic to places I've never heard of...
 
WOW, thanks and it isn't blocked at work. What a bonus. Busy downloading now. :D

Just to clarify though, this is the stock SA ROM for JB (4.0 is it?) and not the new 4.1.2. The latter is only available with the Polish version and I have only found a hotfile and multiupload for that. The latter being much faster to download.
 
Just to clarify though, this is the stock SA ROM for JB (4.0 is it?) and not the new 4.1.2. The latter is only available with the Polish version and I have only found a hotfile and multiupload for that. The latter being much faster to download.

Damn, thanks for clarifying that.

Anybody care to upload 4.1.2 to that same site?

What is the link for the multiupload?
 
Last edited:
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X