Samsung Galaxy S3

Look at the size, unlikely it is an MMS. I also contacted the person and they claim to have sent nothing.

Friend of mine had the same thing happen to him. The same msg tried to come through for two days straight every 15 minutes or so. It eventually just stopped on its own. The sender also claimed to have never sent it...
 
Anyone running Omega Rom v34 yet? I flashed it last night and the problem with the Location Services when using the GPS (Use Wireless Networks) is sorted out.

Much smoother than v33.2 and the Split Screen (Same as Note 2) works perfectly.

Yeah, running with Siyah Kernal (1.8.4) and all Good :) Smooth as Butter - Only wish the CRT-Off was available yet through Omega Files, but alas we wait...
 
I have not even had time to load the SA rom. Any thing better for me to download and flash this weekend? Official only No hacks I'm not a Linux expert.
 
I have not even had time to load the SA rom. Any thing better for me to download and flash this weekend? Official only No hacks I'm not a Linux expert.

Get the Polish 4.1.2 Rom from sammobile.com. I finally got it downloaded yesterday and flashed it seamlessly using mobile odin.

Loving the split screen action, but it seems like we'll have to wait a while before most apps are compatible.
 
can anyone tell me where can buy the phone? prepaid. Would like new S3 white 16gb... if possible links, ive searched a bit so just would like to see what you guys find etc... thinking of buying S3 in few months. :)

Thanks in advance
 
Get the Polish 4.1.2 Rom from sammobile.com. I finally got it downloaded yesterday and flashed it seamlessly using mobile odin.

Loving the split screen action, but it seems like we'll have to wait a while before most apps are compatible.

Thanks that's an official release?
 
can anyone tell me where can buy the phone? prepaid. Would like new S3 white 16gb... if possible links, ive searched a bit so just would like to see what you guys find etc... thinking of buying S3 in few months. :)

Thanks in advance

I bought my S3 off a Bid or Buy Auction for R4200 brand new. In all fairness I guess I was a bit lucky. If you shop around a bit you can pick them up for around R4500 from a respectable seller, check out the Wednesday & Friday auctions...

links: http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/84223230/SAMSUNG_GALAXY_S3_MARBLE_WHITE_16GB_BRAND_NEW_SEALED.html

and: http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/84148464/_RARE_BRAND_NEW_SEALED_SAMSUNG_GALAXY_S3_Sapphire_Black.html
 
Thanks that's an official release?

Yes. Read about it and get it here

I went from the UK 4.1.1 rom and this one is quite a leap. I actually think I'm done with custom roms now when official is at this level of yumminess.

Use mobile odin to flash and it's no problem whatsoever. I bought it to support Chainfire, having used so much of his work in the past and never having paid a cent, and it really is fool proof. It's about R50 iirc.
 
Has Anyone used "Spam Settings" under message settings to either register certain numbers as spam numbers, or block certain Phrases?

I receive a lot of spam, and by registering the phrase "opt out" you can actually block a lot of messages that come through.
 
My phone is choppy again after updating to the Polish 4.1.2.

Have tons of apps, but really this phone shouldn't lag. Seriously considering going the Omega route now...
 
My phone is choppy again after updating to the Polish 4.1.2.

Have tons of apps, but really this phone shouldn't lag. Seriously considering going the Omega route now...

Give the CM10 Nightlies a try - every since they fixed the Mali memory leak issue it has been very smooth.

Has anyone here been brave enough to give the CM10.1 experimental builds a go yet?
 
Has Anyone used "Spam Settings" under message settings to either register certain numbers as spam numbers, or block certain Phrases?

I receive a lot of spam, and by registering the phrase "opt out" you can actually block a lot of messages that come through.

Nice, thank you. Added "Double your summer" as well. :p
 
I bought my S3 off a Bid or Buy Auction for R4200 brand new. In all fairness I guess I was a bit lucky. If you shop around a bit you can pick them up for around R4500 from a respectable seller, check out the Wednesday & Friday auctions...

links: http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/84223230/SAMSUNG_GALAXY_S3_MARBLE_WHITE_16GB_BRAND_NEW_SEALED.html

and: http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/84148464/_RARE_BRAND_NEW_SEALED_SAMSUNG_GALAXY_S3_Sapphire_Black.html

Thanks for your reply :) will keepeye out and thanks for feedback
 
My phone is choppy again after updating to the Polish 4.1.2.

Have tons of apps, but really this phone shouldn't lag. Seriously considering going the Omega route now...

That doesn't sound good? In what way is it choppy?
 
That doesn't sound good? In what way is it choppy?

Well, my settings crashed while I was checking my battery usage.

I have stutter when typing sometimes, switch between apps is laggy, dialling numbers takes time. Justice not smooth.

I had trouble flashing with Odin, sy I'm considering just rooting and flashing this phone now if I am going to have to wipe anyway.

Does flashing Omega add to your flash counter if you don't use the Siyah kernel?
 
Well, my settings crashed while I was checking my battery usage.

I have stutter when typing sometimes, switch between apps is laggy, dialling numbers takes time. Justice not smooth.

I had trouble flashing with Odin, sy I'm considering just rooting and flashing this phone now if I am going to have to wipe anyway.

Does flashing Omega add to your flash counter if you don't use the Siyah kernel?

I think so, depends on what you are flashing from as well if I'm not mistaken. I used to do the CM nightlies on my S2 and Note and the updates didn't increase the counter, but then I never really looked or paid particular attention.

I only flashed 4.1.2 yesterday but I haven't noticed anything that you describe. I didn't wipe dalvik cache or anything else, but 4.1.1 was a clean install after a wipe and it just updated smoothly and appears to be running nicely. I'll post here if I notice any problems though.
 
I think so, depends on what you are flashing from as well if I'm not mistaken. I used to do the CM nightlies on my S2 and Note and the updates didn't increase the counter, but then I never really looked or paid particular attention.

I only flashed 4.1.2 yesterday but I haven't noticed anything that you describe. I didn't wipe dalvik cache or anything else, but 4.1.1 was a clean install after a wipe and it just updated smoothly and appears to be running nicely. I'll post here if I notice any problems though.

I have glitches when recording video and youtube stutters.

I went from factory to Polish JB to SA JB to Polish 4.1.2. Didn't wipe once. Somewhere something got mucked up.
 
Does anyone notice that weather thing happening when you wake your phone?

Depending on the weather in your widget, it shines sun across the phone for example or flashes some stars if it's the evening and you can't open an app for a second or two. I thought it was a Beautiful Widgets thing, but it happens regardless of what widget you have, or even if you don't.

Anyone know what I'm talking about and how to switch it off? I'm on 4.1.2 Polish rom but I can't say if it was on my previous 4.1.1 UK rom as I never really noticed. Now it's bugging me crazy :mad:
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X