Cloud
Expert Member
I have the standard Samsung one but it doesn't do anything fancy.
Can it be used with a cover and how much was it?
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
I have the standard Samsung one but it doesn't do anything fancy.
noob question, why would you flash a new modem?Hey guys. My friend has the S3 and I want to flash a new modem for him. I've read around and have seen that the modem_Odin_I9300NELE4.tar is one that is raved about. His current modem is XXLFB and his build is XXBLFB. Can I install this modem_Odin_I9300NELE4.tar on his phone or do I need a XX modem?
noob question, why would you flash a new modem?
So what's the latest on Jelly Bean for the S3? I've just rooted my phone and am keen to try out Jelly Bean but I'm hoping for all of the functionality to be working. I read that Jelly Bean will be rolling out this week officially to S3s in Europe so I'm assuming there is a stable version out there somewhere...
This http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1835931 or this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1857488 apparently Samsung will announce on the 29th when the update will be available
Unzip the file
Open Odin 3.04 (already included in the firmware package)
Restart phone in download mode (Home+power+vol down)
Connect phone and wait until you get a yellow sign in Odin
Add I9300XXDLH7_I9300OXADLH7_I9300XXLH7_HOME.tar.md5 to PDA
Make sure re-partition NOT ticked
Start flash, sit back and wait a few minutes.
If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
Boot into recovery mode (Home+power+vol up)
Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!
1. Get needed STOCK I9300XXBLG8 (I9300XXBLG8/I9300OXABLG8/I9300XXLH1/I9300XXBLG8)
2. Get OTA I9300XXDLH8
3. Flash stock rom.
4. Go into recovery
5. Transfer and apply OTA zip.
6. Enjoy latest version of Jelly Bean
Problem is those geeks don't speak English. I can understand this one fine:
But then the latest (which I assume will have fewer issues) appears to be in code:
Anybody on stock noticing some lag after pressing the on button. Mine is taking some time for the screen to switch on.