Samsung Galaxy S3

Does google voice work on the flashed roms and will the DSTV drifta still work after flashing?

Google Voice works great on the JB leaks (much faster than S Voice), the Drifta app does not work on rooted Android devices, but there are free apps on Play Store to temp unroot or hide root on your device.
 
Google Voice works great on the JB leaks (much faster than S Voice), the Drifta app does not work on rooted Android devices, but there are free apps on Play Store to temp unroot or hide root on your device.

Google Voice is not properly supported in South Africa, never has been. For example you can't make calls the same way as with Skype, or use Google as your voicemail service. I think you're referring to Google Voice Search maybe?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Voice_Search
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_voice
 
Jelly bean

Thanks for all the replys. I was talking about the google voice search(siri type thing). Looks cool on you tube kicking Apples ass.
 
I'm unable to update my S3. Everytime it downloads the firmware (ota and via Kies) but when it gets to 30% is stops and restart my phone and say that it can't install the update.

Any ideas why?


Ok. So I assume no-one had this problem so far. I will just wait and see what happens when the Official Jelly Bean for the S3 becomes available. Maybe it will update the firmware then.
 
Ok. So I assume no-one had this problem so far. I will just wait and see what happens when the Official Jelly Bean for the S3 becomes available. Maybe it will update the firmware then.

Never use OTA or Kies so can't really comment.
 
I'm itching to root my phone, but every time I try and back it up with Kies it hangs during applications and every time at 53/60...GRRRR!
 
I'm itching to root my phone, but every time I try and back it up with Kies it hangs during applications and every time at 53/60...GRRRR!

I was also paranoid about rooting it but it took all of 5 minutes and didn't wipe any data whatsoever...
 
*sigh* Just wish JB release would happen.
It feels pointless messing about with other ROMs now
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X