Samsung Galaxy S3

Hey guys. My friend has the S3 and I want to flash a new modem for him. I've read around and have seen that the modem_Odin_I9300NELE4.tar is one that is raved about. His current modem is XXLFB and his build is XXBLFB. Can I install this modem_Odin_I9300NELE4.tar on his phone or do I need a XX modem?
noob question, why would you flash a new modem?
 
Noob question, I do not seem to be able to find z4root. Is it still available and if not what can I use instead to unroot temporarily or permanently?
 
Help

When some one sends me a contact via whats app, it automatically adds contact to phone not to google. No option to select where to add.
 
I'm unable to update my S3. Everytime it downloads the firmware (ota and via Kies) but when it gets to 30% is stops and restart my phone and say that it can't install the update.

Any ideas why?
 
Hi all..friend of mine has an S3, newly acquired but having a couple of problems.

She is on mtn and would like to add her mweb e-mail account to receive mails on her phone. Tried doing it via the email set up option but cant seem to get it working and getting some kind of server error. Please help...
 
So what's the latest on Jelly Bean for the S3? I've just rooted my phone and am keen to try out Jelly Bean but I'm hoping for all of the functionality to be working. I read that Jelly Bean will be rolling out this week officially to S3s in Europe so I'm assuming there is a stable version out there somewhere...
 
So what's the latest on Jelly Bean for the S3? I've just rooted my phone and am keen to try out Jelly Bean but I'm hoping for all of the functionality to be working. I read that Jelly Bean will be rolling out this week officially to S3s in Europe so I'm assuming there is a stable version out there somewhere...

This http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1835931 or this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1857488 apparently Samsung will announce on the 29th when the update will be available
 
This http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1835931 or this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1857488 apparently Samsung will announce on the 29th when the update will be available

Problem is those geeks don't speak English. I can understand this one fine:

Unzip the file
Open Odin 3.04 (already included in the firmware package)
Restart phone in download mode (Home+power+vol down)
Connect phone and wait until you get a yellow sign in Odin
Add I9300XXDLH7_I9300OXADLH7_I9300XXLH7_HOME.tar.md5 to PDA
Make sure re-partition NOT ticked
Start flash, sit back and wait a few minutes.
If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
Boot into recovery mode (Home+power+vol up)
Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!

But then the latest (which I assume will have fewer issues) appears to be in code:

1. Get needed STOCK I9300XXBLG8 (I9300XXBLG8/I9300OXABLG8/I9300XXLH1/I9300XXBLG8)
2. Get OTA I9300XXDLH8
3. Flash stock rom.
4. Go into recovery
5. Transfer and apply OTA zip.
6. Enjoy latest version of Jelly Bean
 
Problem is those geeks don't speak English. I can understand this one fine:



But then the latest (which I assume will have fewer issues) appears to be in code:


:D Thats the problem I understand the first one but the second is beyond me...
 
I think I get it. You have to have the stock ROM to update to this one, so you can't be using a custom ROM. Therefore you have to flash I9300XXBLG8 to proceed to flashing I9300XXDLH8. But what they mean by transfer and apply OTA is beyond me, having not flashed a new ROM before. Also, in the thread they keep going on and on about modem flashing of LH bullschit and it's just more greek to me...:(
 
What i understand is this the first block is to update your firmware using Odin (this is the way I always do it) the second block is using a downloaded Over The Air update... (never used this method)
They are both "stock" Samsung firmwares and not custom ROM, the modem part I don't understand as I have never done that either. I always use the first option and always Samsung Firmware I have never used a custom Rom
 
Anybody on stock noticing some lag after pressing the on button. Mine is taking some time for the screen to switch on.
 
I will be trying the latest Omega Rom v17 XXDLH8 Jelly Bean, just waiting for the download to finish.

The earlier "leaks" were quite good so hoping this will be just as good or better.
 
I haven't encountered any pitfalls with the JB releases although lots of people were complaining about all sorts of problems.

My personal experience is that I don't have any of the problems people complain about, I guess it's mainly because those who complain don't do full wipes before flashing new roms or restore items from Titanium Backup that they are not supposed to.
 
jelly bean

Does google voice work on the flashed roms and will the DSTV drifta still work after flashing?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X