Samsung Galaxy S3

I changed my CSC to XFA & flashed with the latest XFA rom from sammobile. Why do I still get the Vodacom logo on the boot screen?

South Africa 2012 June 4.0.4 I9300XXBLFB I9300OJVBLF3

I hate the crap Vodacom puts on their phones. I'm never buying a Vodacom branded phone again.
 
I hate the crap Vodacom puts on their phones. I'm never buying a Vodacom branded phone again.

After doing the custom flash - and changing the CSC - It is absolutely awesome - not a single vodacom item on the phone
 
I really thought that flashing it with the XFA rom will clear all that Vodacom cr@p. Cannot even delete their bookmarks in the stock browser.
 
Anyone else experiencing problems with the YouTube app on the SGS3? It suddenly disconnects me from wifi and uses mobile data. I have tried uninstalling app updates but problem persists. Stock ROM.
 
What did Vodacom put on your phones, because mine came completely devoid of any Vodacrap apart from the boot logo...
 
I changed my CSC to XFA & flashed with the latest XFA rom from sammobile. Why do I still get the Vodacom logo on the boot screen?

South Africa 2012 June 4.0.4 I9300XXBLFB I9300OJVBLF3

I really thought that flashing it with the XFA rom will clear all that Vodacom cr@p. Cannot even delete their bookmarks in the stock browser.

Change the CSC again now via the keypad, it'll get rid of everything Vodacom. Backup first, you'll lose everything else too.
 
After doing the custom flash - and changing the CSC - It is absolutely awesome - not a single vodacom item on the phone

I don't want to flash my phone though. Apart from the Vodacom branding, everything is perfect.
 
My phone keeps freezing, is there anyone else that this happens to? It was running fine for the first month or so ...
Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Im running stock ICS
 
My phone keeps freezing, is there anyone else that this happens to? It was running fine for the first month or so ...
Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Im running stock ICS

Where the screen turns black and not even the power button works, you have to remove the battery?

Happened to me twice yesterday and it pisses me off greatly. I updated lots and lots of apps though so I'm betting one of them isn't playing nice. Will be hard to find though, by process of elimination.
 
I plan on getting an S3 next week. I have two questions:

1. I read that the Pebble Blue has an extra 'polycarbonate layer' for that gloss effect. Can anyone confirm this? I would think that it would be a little more rugged then? (Read: scratches etc.)
2. I hate branded phones. Getting mine from voda. What mod would you recommend to get as close to a global (and easily update-able) version?
 
1. I read that the Pebble Blue has an extra 'polycarbonate layer' for that gloss effect. Can anyone confirm this? I would think that it would be a little more rugged then? (Read: scratches etc.)

Doubt it but I cannot confirm nor deny.

2. I hate branded phones. Getting mine from voda. What mod would you recommend to get as close to a global (and easily update-able) version?

Change CSC from XFV to XFA. Install a global GT-I9300 firmware.
 
I plan on getting an S3 next week. I have two questions:

1. I read that the Pebble Blue has an extra 'polycarbonate layer' for that gloss effect. Can anyone confirm this? I would think that it would be a little more rugged then? (Read: scratches etc.)
2. I hate branded phones. Getting mine from voda. What mod would you recommend to get as close to a global (and easily update-able) version?

Sounds like a load of crud to me.
 
I read that the Pebble Blue has an extra 'polycarbonate layer' for that gloss effect. Can anyone confirm this? I would think that it would be a little more rugged then? (Read: scratches etc.)

No idea if this is true. But get the pebble blue anyway, it's the bomb. :love:
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X