Samsung Galaxy S3

Ok. Just flashed to the newest Jelly bean release. Works like a bomb. Phone exploded. LOL .Works perfrfectly. NO problems so far. 10 times faster and i have no full reception where i use to have 2 bar signal only. Wondefull. enjoy

I hope it is NOW full reception and not NO reception.:D Decided to bite the bullet (or is that jelly bean) as well. Busy downloading...
 
I see CM10 Nightlies are out - guess I will be flashing my phone this evening :D
 
Ok so its not 10 times faster i was excited but its fast. Using it for couple of hours and no niggles so far. Its the I9300XXDLI1 Download released on 3 September. Google now is amazing. It picked up on my maps where i saved my home location and work location. Realized im at work and i got a pop up saying how long it will take me this afternoon going home. Google search even have a afrikaans option and it understands what you are asking(95%) of the time. Middle finger for Siri.
Have to istall all the apps again so its going to be a long night to load all the games again.
 
Can anyone tell me if my Vodacom branded S3 is the international version, or how I can check? I hear Jelly Bean has leaked from Samsung and I'd love to put it on my phone, but I haven't any clue how to go about doing so. My Google attempts have either turned up nothing of use or forum threads that are impossible for clueless folk to follow. Thanks.
 
Can anyone tell me if my Vodacom branded S3 is the international version, or how I can check? I hear Jelly Bean has leaked from Samsung and I'd love to put it on my phone, but I haven't any clue how to go about doing so. My Google attempts have either turned up nothing of use or forum threads that are impossible for clueless folk to follow. Thanks.

I just loaded it onto my Vodascum one no problems at all ...
 
Thanks for the responses! You guys are a big help.


This looks like the most user friendly set of instructions I've come across. Thanks! I didn't realise I needed to download so much...

When future updates to Jelly Bean are released, do I receive them OTA as per usual or do I have to go through all this stuff again?
 
Thanks for the responses! You guys are a big help.

This looks like the most user friendly set of instructions I've come across. Thanks! I didn't realise I needed to download so much...

When future updates to Jelly Bean are released, do I receive them OTA as per usual or do I have to go through all this stuff again?


No problem.
Yeah I like the XDA-Developer forums but until you really know what the procedure's ins and outs are it's much easier to use instructions from other sites.
I'm also still getting the hang of everything since the last time I did a ROM update was waaay back with the Galaxy S1.

Played around with loading ROMS this weekend and as long as you do a decent backup on your external SD card in ClockWorkMod and use an app like Titanium Backup or Go Backup for restoring your apps you can mess around to your heart's content.
 
Last edited:
Sorry for the noob Q guys, but when JB is released do you receive it via About - Updates and is a normal update, or do you have to download and install it?

If you do install it, I am assuming you will loose all data?
 
So I installed ClockWorkMod and then used Odin to install the file on the xda site (only because the download speed on the other site was less than 20KB/s). A reset was only needed if you had system issues, and I've had none. I've opened all my popular apps and tested a few games and it seems fine.

The only differences from ICS that I'm noticing are the grey notification bar, improved settings and information areas, more fluid transitions and an awesome animation when opening folders. It's nice, but not a big deal. I'm more stoked about not having bloody Vodacom logos lurking around.
 
The link is exactly the same as the other website?! I have tried both numerous times. Resume not supported so fdm not working. Anyone have a direct better link? Stick in traffic, so would love to throw it on my server to download while i sit and wait.
 
Worked fine for me - from XDA - thankfully.
Was on CM10 Nightly. Flashed to 3 Sep leak via Mobile Odin.
So far all good.

EDIT: Installed Titanium Back. Kept root. Good news.
 
Last edited:
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X