Samsung Galaxy S3

I root all my devices within a few hours of buying them :D

To root, file the OP in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1695238. It is really simple. Just follow the instructions and you will be fine.
Your warranty is void but it is a simple case of downloading a stock ROM from www.sammobile.com and restoring your device to stock of you need to return it for whatever reason.

You will then have access to any custom ROM, root only app, etc...

If I want to change back to stock ROM or upgrade to official ROM do I lose whats on the device currently (app settings, phone settings, photos, videos, sms's, etc)?
 
If I want to change back to stock ROM or upgrade to official ROM do I lose whats on the device currently (app settings, phone settings, photos, videos, sms's, etc)?

Not if you backup ;)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rerware.android.MyBackup

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jiubang.go.backup.pro

Titanium Backup is the best, but requires root. So you won't be able to restore after going back to stock.
I do however recommend getting TB if you plan on going between different ROMS.
 
Last edited:
Dying to get my hands on one, still wonder if buying it cash somehere is financially better than taking out a contract....
 
Well TB surely wouldn't work then because then I wouldn't be able to backup whats on my stock OS...

Thats why he gave you linky's to two backup apps that don't require root :) However if you root your stock OS that you changed back to then use TB
 
Anyone upgraded to the latest version of Tapatalk? These bastards now charge for you to change the color! :eek:

Is it possible to downgrade to the previous version?
 
Anyone upgraded to the latest version of Tapatalk? These bastards now charge for you to change the color! :eek:

Is it possible to downgrade to the previous version?

Yes, I've upgraded by I don't use different colours.
restore a TB of the app to get the previous version
 
Last edited:
As mentioned earlier in this thread, my phone is sluggish. Choppy animation and just doesn't feel smooth overall. I am determined to fix this as it is driving me nuts.

Just unboxed a brand new one, and it is silky smooth compared to mine. What do you guys suggest I do? Would a factory reset maybe resolve this?
 
As mentioned earlier in this thread, my phone is sluggish. Choppy animation and just doesn't feel smooth overall. I am determined to fix this as it is driving me nuts.

Just unboxed a brand new one, and it is silky smooth compared to mine. What do you guys suggest I do? Would a factory reset maybe resolve this?

Maybe. Then start slow, so you can narrow down the apps that are causing it.

Mine is sluggish too. Think it's nova related. Just played with a friend stock s3, and its much faster
 
Maybe. Then start slow, so you can narrow down the apps that are causing it.

Mine is sluggish too. Think it's nova related. Just played with a friend stock s3, and its much faster

Thanks. I am assuming backing with Kies is sufficient for a factory restore?
 
Just to note, a factory reset resolved all my lag issues. Phone is back to smoothness. Not sure for how long though :p


Edit: Just installed - Tapatalk, FB and Swiftkey 3 and I am back to lagballs!
 
Last edited:
Just to note, a factory reset resolved all my lag issues. Phone is back to smoothness. Not sure for how long though :p


Edit: Just installed - Tapatalk, FB and Swiftkey 3 and I am back to lagballs!

I have a feeling it is FB. Try turning its contact sync off?
The FB app has to be one of the crappest apps in the store. Friendcaster is better.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X