Samsung Galaxy S3

I can upgrade and the Galaxy S3 is about the only phone I want. I'm just worried about the screen and does it really crack as easy as I have read on other websites?

If you drop it yes it will probably crack. So..... Just don't drop it :D


My best advice to any S3 owner is it buy a cover or case as the the phone is really slippery in the hand and I bet most falls or cracks have been as a result of the phone slipping out of ones hand. Get a nice cover and you should be just fine. I wouldn't not get the S3 based on this.
 
My phone is showing a firmware upgrade required notice as of this morning. Not having enough data and not sure how large the firmware upgrade is, I'm hesitant to go through with it. Any ideas what it is? If it's JB then I'm in...:D

Don't think it's JB :(

I can upgrade and the Galaxy S3 is about the only phone I want. I'm just worried about the screen and does it really crack as easy as I have read on other websites?

If you drop it yes it will probably crack. So..... Just don't drop it :D

My best advice to any S3 owner is it buy a cover or case as the the phone is really slippery in the hand and I bet most falls or cracks have been as a result of the phone slipping out of ones hand. Get a nice cover and you should be just fine. I wouldn't not get the S3 based on this.

Yes, get a cover. I would prefer to not have one, I like the slim, sleek feel. I bought this Samsung Slim Cover (two in a pack).

rps20120919_073211_531_zps877ac1fa.jpg


It's really thin, just covers the edges and got a patterned back to reduce slip. I'm happy with it. My wife has a pink Samsung (Samsung code: EFC-1G6PPECSTD)cover, while it's still thin, it's nowhere near as thin as my ones and I hate the extra size it gives her SIII. I previously had a hard case by one of the other brands (Casemate or Cygnett or similar) but I can't stand the feel of that anymore. Whether my current one has enough meat on it to adequately protect in a fall, time will tell, I haven't dropped it yet :)
Our phones are insured though, hopefully I'll never have to use that insurance either. I may ditch the cover ones of these days if I'm feeling brave enough ;)
 
I can upgrade and the Galaxy S3 is about the only phone I want. I'm just worried about the screen and does it really crack as easy as I have read on other websites?

I've got the Cygnett cover thing with a screen protector and dropped mine the other day while taking it out my pocket (after a few karate waters) doesn't even have a scratch. So no its not made of breakaway glass like its made out to be. But yeah if you intentionally drop it to try break the glass it probably will.
Don't be fool wrap your tool.
 
My phone is showing a notification from Samsung Push Service - "New version available. Install now?"

Will have to wait till this evening when I'm in WiFi coverage. :(
 
My phone is showing a notification from Samsung Push Service - "New version available. Install now?"

Will have to wait till this evening when I'm in WiFi coverage. :(

I am not picking up any updates, weird.
 
Are you on DI8?
How did you get it to work?
My camera and Gallery dont graft.

LI8 yes. But running Omega v26.

Downloaded http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1876397&page=1
Flashed in CWM.

Works well. Can finally hide stuff, and has some cool display features for albums etc.
The camera I'm not sure what the new features are, there's a burst mode where you hold down the camera key and it takes an insane amount of pics (which might have been there on the S3 camera)
 
LI8 yes. But running Omega v26.

Downloaded http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1876397&page=1
Flashed in CWM.

Works well. Can finally hide stuff, and has some cool display features for albums etc.
The camera I'm not sure what the new features are, there's a burst mode where you hold down the camera key and it takes an insane amount of pics (which might have been there on the S3 camera)
Cool got it to work, didnt have that root explorer app. Downloaded that deleted those odex files rebooted and it worked.
shot
 
I really can't wait to get my phone now!!! Autopage Bloemfontein ordered it monday so hopefully i'll get it soon.
 
CM10 nightly 0919 is awesome! Memory leak fixed, everything running smooothly! :D

Jelly Bean is fantastic!
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X